Broken Dreams

After saving [Y/N] from a beowolf, the family is starting to get him to open up to them. Now for their next challenge, getting [Y/N]'s confidence back up.

Qrow POV

After what happened a few days ago, everyone has been slightly in better moods then before. Summer stays in [Y/N] room with him trying to cheer him up. Ruby stays outside his room asking him to play with her. Raven has been going on patrols to hopefully prevent another incident like that. Yang has been training a bit more so she can help protect [Y/N]. As for me I've been trying to get [Y/N] to train, however all he says is that Yang and Ruby need it more, but today was different, I finally got him to give it a shot thanks to Summer, everyone came along for support. I hope this goes well.

*Timeskip*

...I don't know what to say after that. I mean I've seen inexperienced hunters and terrible fighters, but this takes the cake. Every weapon he tried either he dropped it or it flew out of his hands. Even with hand to hand he could barely throw a punch. After what we saw he ran to his room crying leaving all of us concerned and speechless.

Summer: Well...That was something.

Raven: Maybe, because of us, he doesn't want to be a hunter at all.

Tai: Maybe you're right.

Qrow: NO!

Everyone was surprised when I suddenly said that.

Raven: Brother, face the facts, [Y/N] would get himself killed in battle.

Qrow: NO! I won't give up on him, because I made a promise to him.

As I said that last part I pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper.

Summer: What's that.

I unfolded it to show a drawing of all of us made by [Y/N].

Qrow: [Y/N]'s dream.

I stated as I told everyone about how I got it.

*Flashback*
3rd POV

It was [Y/N]'s birthday as everyone was celebrating. He was drawing something when Qrow came to talk to him.

Qrow: Hey kid.

[Y/N]: Hello Mr Branwen.

Qrow: Kid I thought told you, you call me Qrow.

[Y/N]: Sorry Qrow.

Qrow: So kid have any plans for the future?

[Y/N]: Well I was thinking, maybe I could be a hunter like you and everyone else of team STRQ.

Qrow: Is that so. Tell you what, once your old enough, I'll train you to be the best.

[Y/N]: Really! That would be amazing!

Qrow: Alright, I'll see you around and happy birthday.

*Timeskip*
*1 year after the abuse started*

Qrow was extremely angry after hearing that [Y/N] got into his alcohol stash and broke everything in there. As he marched towards [Y/N]'s room, he heard crying coming from there which confused him. When he opened the door he saw the young boy brused and crying on the floor. He thought something was wrong and decided to figure it out.

Qrow: Where did those injuries come from?

[Y/N]: Everyone beat me up and threw me in here.

Qrow's anger turned into concern as he saw blood on the walls and floor.

Qrow: Why?

[Y/N]: Because I don't have what it takes to even consider being a hunter.

Qrow: Come on don't say that, of course you have what it takes to be a hunter. What makes you think that?

[Y/N]: Because...

Tai: [Y/N], get down here now!

The young boy struggles to get up as he crumples up a piece of paper.

[Y/N]: ...I'm weak

The injured boy walks over to the door, throwing away the piece of paper before leaving. Qrow picked up the discarded paper and was devastated to find out what it was. The drawing [Y/N] made on his birthday.

Qrow's thoughts: What happened? How could everyone go from welcoming you with open arms to treating you even worse then a grimm? I promise you as soon as I find a way to get you out of here, I'll make sure you become the greatest hunter ever.

*Flashback end*

Everyone felt guilty after they heard what happened. Summer was crying, Raven looked disappointed in herself while Tai seemed to be in deep thought.

Qrow: That's why I'm not giving up on him, I want to keep his dream alive.

Summer: I can't believe I destroyed a young child's dream.

Raven: Tai is something wrong?

Tai: N-n-no, nothing's wrong.

Summer: Is there anything we can do to help him?

Qrow: Well...I think I know someone who could help.

So Qrow possibly knows someone who can help [Y/N], but will it be enough?