A Beacon of Hope

Since some people asked for it, here is the alternate ending of Crushed Rose.

Ozpin POV

I've been helping Qrow with [Y/N] for awhile now and it seems he's starting to trust me. As I was about to leave for the bullhead, the elevator to my office opened.

???: Ozpin, I need to speak with you.

Ozpin: Ah Glynda, can I help you with something?

Glynda: I've been wondering, where have you been heading off to recently.

Ozpin: I've been helping someone in Patch.

Glynda: With what exactly?

Ozpin: I was about to leave right now. Why don't you come with me and find out?

Glynda: Well I could use a quick break. I suppose I could join you.

Ozpin: Good, I'll explain everything on the bullhead.

*Timeskip*

After telling Glynda about who [Y/N] is and happened to him, I could tell she was shocked by it.

Glynda: I can't believe team STRQ would do something so horrible to a child.

Ozpin: I was surprised as well when I first heard about this.

Glynda: Still, don't you think letting him remain there could be dangerous?

Ozpin: Dangerous?

Glynda: Don't you think leaving him with the family that abused him is a bad idea.

Ozpin: I will admit, I have considered taking him away from there, but they do genuinely feel awful about what they've done and are trying to fix this.

Glynda: I still think having him raised here is a bad idea.

Ozpin: There's not much we can do about it. You and I are busy with Beacon and I know you don't trust James to raise a child.

Glynda: I suppose you have a point, but still...

Ozpin: How about this, I'll talk to them about letting [Y/N] come with us for a while.

Glynda: I guess I could agree to that.

*Timeskip*
3rd POV

Once they arrive at the house, Ozpin knocks on the door. Qrow answers the door

Qrow: Hey Ozpin.

Ozpin: Hello Qrow, I hope you don't mind, but I brought someone with me.

He moved to the side revealing Glynda.

Glynda: Hello Mr. Branwen

Qrow's thoughts: Why is she here?

Qrow: Professor Goodwitch its been awhile.

Ozpin: Before we meet with [Y/N], I want to talk to all of you about an idea we had.

Qrow: Well Raven and Summer should already be in the living room.

Ozpin: Good, that'll make things much easier.

Once they were inside, they saw Raven and Summer talking to each other.

Summer: Professor Goodwitch, what are you doing here?

Ozpin: I told her about [Y/N].

Glynda: I will admit I'm shocked to hear what you did to that young child.

Qrow: So what's this idea you had?

Glynda: We're thinking of taking [Y/N]
with us.

Summer: WHAT?!

Qrow: What do you mean your thinking of taking [Y/N] away?

Glynda: After what Ozpin told me, I think letting him stay here could be a problem.

Raven: What do you mean?

Glynda: How do we know you all won't go back to abusing him?

Qrow: Professor Goodwitch I promise you that nothing bad will happen to [Y/N].

Ozpin: Even so, I thought it would be best to ask [Y/N] about who he wants to help him. If that's okay with you.

Everyone thought about what Ozpin just suggested until Qrow spoke up.

Qrow: ...Alright.

Summer: What?!

Raven: Qrow is right. We can't be sure what happened before won't happen again.

Qrow: Summer you have to understand it's for [Y/N] safety.

Summer was seemingly still against it but finally agreed.

Summer: ...If it's for [Y/N] then I guess it's okay.

Ozpin: Alright, I'll go speak with [Y/N]

This is a general idea of what this ending was going to be. If anyone is curious, the reason I scrapped this ending was because continuing it would have been extremely hard to write, in my opinion.