Midnight Regard

Blood and gore
Fluff
Comfort
Cute moments
____________________

        "Please! Have mercy!" A middle aged woman in her early forties pleads, pressing her hands together, praying for this to end. Her death was awaiting as the pure being darkens the sky's, blackened clouds filling the sky.

"Grief, shall they weep through the sorrowful night, tears of blood and sweat shed after this nightmare spite."
The shadow creeps in, stepping over the dead body's of an adult human man and an only child; however, still so young, their deaths were bloody, torn apart. Yet no screams. They lay there unmoving, lifeless. Slowly the shadow steps into the light, his garments pure white that of the angels, yet now stained with blood. But even so, the blood evaporates the moment it touches any part of the being.

The bright glare of the moon shines down, peaking through the window of the curtains landing on the beings frame. Long silver hair was in view, each strand shining in the moonlight. The woman was speechless, her jaw dropped, her heart beating faster.

"As the moon shines down from the heavens calling out to me to sacrifice lives for the good of all clans. However long it takes to be rid of impure beings consumed with diseases for everything they touch with their infected hands. Shall they be brought to peace in a painless death." Before the pure dark being could strike, her eyes were already consumed with tears, but she cried even more unexpectedly.

"How!? You're supposed to be a God, you're an angel, a protector of all clans fighting against the demons!" Her dark brown hair droops down her paunchy body, her dark brown eyes shimmer in the bright moons rays.

The dark being says his final words as he raises his hand in a formal, professional way. Magic focusing on his hands as the pure magic of angels seeps on his skin.

"For I am no God, nor Demon. I am neither any other clan, I am my own. I was once the sun, Now I am the moon."

Bloody screams were filled in the night sky. The silent nights were continued as if nothing happened, as if it were normal.

____________

        "Ban! Quite it, give it back!" Meliodas bites. He stands up from the tavern bar chair reaching on his tip- toes, holding out his arm. Ban chuckles holding up a baby bottle of fresh pure, warm white milk.

Ban yelps as his foot was purposely stomped on, "Meli! Why'd you do that?" He pouts.

"You're such a child," the blond says, leaping to snatch the bottle out of Hand hands. "It's breakfast time for my lil cinnamon roll."

Ban raises his brow, "what's with all these nicknames for our child, you know she has a name right?"

Meliodas rolls his eyes, smiling and turning to face Ban, "yes I know," he pulls the collar of Ban's shirt, planting a kiss at his lips, "she isn't going to stay this little forever, we may as well call her silly and sweet names while we still can."

"Hn." Ban hums in agreement, his right hand cups at the nape of Meliodas's neck, resting his forehead against the demons.

"You're a bit affectionate today, what's on your mind?" Meliodas points out, flicking the thick lock of pale blue hair out of his face.

"We're both immortal."

"I know, and? What about it?" Meliodas asks, his eyes closing to listen to the rhythm of Ban's breathing. He slowly down his own breath to match perfectly in synch with the immortal.