An Old Friend

____________

   "You're mother was a God of Death. Her power alone created a place for demons to live quietly and peacefully; however, that kind of power have always came with a price. As promised, she vowed that she'd use her body as a shield to protect the demon clan. Right now, the heart of the underworld, under this very castle, is where she is sealed and kept away." As Chandler tries to explain he can see the look of disbelief on the young demon's facial expression.

"How did this start..?"

"Before she created the underworld, she had your brother, Zeldris, and the moment she knew her children were safe she wanted you both to be safer with the world she would create: the Underworld. Her physical body was destroyed by her promised creation, but her soul, power, all of it, remains. It was too much energy for any other demon to take in even if it was a small amount. Not even the Demon King could control its overwhelming force. Demons have gone insane when it was once free; however, your father sealed away of what was left of her so neither you, your brother, or any other demons are harmed."
Chandler assumes through the books written by the Demon King himself to tell his life story. For now he can trust the word of a past King, but he felt as though there was a hole. For now he'll ignore it.
Meliodas stiffened and looked over to Chandler, "Father would never do so in order to "protect"." He bit his bottom lip. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His father, protecting the people from being harmed? After all he's put him and his brother through! "After what he's put my brother through I don't think I'll believe this was for the clan."

Chandler's expression never changed and merely accepted the young demon's words. He was going to continue with the story but Meliodas interrupted to continue his questions. Or so he thought.

"I met an old friend, demoness infact, the one in Purgatory."

The elder demon nodded, "ah yes, I fought along side the brave warriors of purgatory against that pathetic excuse of a demon."

"Anyways," the blond demon starts, "something had taken over her and has attacked Camelot and it's king. My brother cares for the king and needs him but the human is barely keeping consciousness. I think whatever her power is, it's already been released, even if it's just slightly."

Chandler frowns, "that's highly unlikely, no demon has been down in those chambers for quite some time." However, it isn't impossible for the seal to be wearing off he supposed, but wouldn't the demons have been affected by now? Shouldn't the symptoms be showing if the seal was truly broken?

"How long has it been since the seal was looked upon?" Meliodas questions.

"A few centuries at least."

Meliodas stops to place a finger on his chin in order to organize his thoughts, "that's odd."

Chandler cocks his head to the side as they begin to leave the hide out, "Why's that, young master?"

Meliodas furrowed his brows and tried to connect the pieces together, only to end up in the beginning of his thoughts. "He had said he's tried to break the seal and it was the reason of his aggressive behavior all those years ago, even recently he was affected by it."

Chandler shakes his head and only grimace expressed his face about that demon. "I'm sure it's just a pathetic excuse for his animalistic personality. He's taken advantage of you at your weakest therefore I can't take that as his truth."

The petite demon firmly hugged his torso, protecting himself from the past that he wishes to forget. He the most recent. He never had thought the pregnancy would have taken so much energy and effort. Maybe it was just him being paranoid, but he felt like he was getting weaker each passing day. And ever since his capture and return it has only been unnoticeably worse.