Necklace of Memories

Ember stops suddenly in the middle of a graveyard. She puts the crystal away and holds her hand toward Ice.

I watch with Ajax and Jaxx as Ice gives Ember the necklace, where Ember swings it in front of her.

"I summon a fellow spirit of the same soul, Etearenia of the Fallen Angels!" says Ember, slightly chanting.

A small scream ripples the air and Eternity appears in front of Ember, glaring.

"Shiriama," says Ember. She pulls out a sword.

"Oh, dear, seems like I've made Emberia of the Angels made, hm?" says Shiriama. "Oh, look! Uicearea of the Angels is here, too! Weren't you Eternity's partner, but she had to take most of the burden to keep you with her?"

Ice pulls out a bow. "Don't you talk to me like that!"

"I can talk to you however I want," says Shiriama. She puffs out her chest slightly. "I am Shiriama of the Fallen Angels, one of the few who have become spirits and are able to possess people, and your just Uicearea of the Angels, a little idiot who couldn't keep up with Eternity."

"What have you done to Eternity?" growls Ember.

"Oh, nothing," says Shiriama, examining her fingers. "Only locked her deep within her own chains so she can't get out while I'm controlling her."

Ember lunges at Shiriama, and she smirks and disappears.

"What was that about?" I ask after a few minutes.

"Shiriama kicked Eternity out of her body," says Ember. She gets up and puts her sword away, and Ice puts her bow away at the same time.

"What you mean?" I ask after a few seconds.

"What I mean, Eyeless Jack," says Ember, "is that Eternity's soul has been ejected from her own body. If the body is still alive when the soul is ejected, the soul slowly rots and will eventually die if the body isn't killed or the spirit removed. But with a soul like an angel's... the soul will rot and rot and rot and be in eternal agony until it can be reborn, and then the soul is only half functional. In theory, the person who houses the soul would become insane as they grew up, and eventually they would die depending on their will." Ember looks around. "Shiriama isn't going to come out by herself - we need someone to pull her out. I think I know just the person. Dark."

"Dark?" says Ajax.

"Yes, her," says Ember. "You know her?"

"Yeah, she lives a few miles from here," says Ajax. "Why do you need her?"

"Because she is a sort of medium, and the closest one. Medium's can pull out spirits at will. She is a creepypasta, but she is still a medium," explains Ember.

I look at them both blankly. "I don't get it."

"Let me put it this way," says Ember. She looks straight at me. "Shiriama's soul needs to die before Eternity fades."