CHAP4TER

ROSES WITH
NO  THORNS
(   PART   1   )

"Today is going to be as bad as Changbin's breath in the morning. " Seungmin muttered to no one in particular as he wrapped his tie around his neck.

The night before had been filled with little to no sleep. Seungmin tossed and turned in his single bed with the emerald green curtains closed shut to avoid the rest of the world. He ended up getting up again at around 4am to re-read Hyunjin's confession letter.

This was so strange, sure Seungmin had had crushes before, but most of them were one sided or impossible due to the receivers lack of liking to men. But here it was, someone had a pure and blossoming crush on him. What did people even do in these situations?

Not only did most of school assume they were already dating (a first year asked if they were married a few days ago) but Hyunjin genuinely liked him. As in he wouldn't actually mind dating and holding hands with Seungmin and they could go on dates and-

Seungmin shook his head aggressively, frowning at how his thoughts had morphed into a certain golden and red boy again.

He felt someone poke the side of his body softly, and their stood Woojin, a concerned look on his face, "You alright? You look like shit."

"Gee thanks." Seungmin replied, throwing his robes over his shoulders, tightening the rope that held them in place, "and here I thought you were worried about my health."

"I am!" Woojin said scandalized, only to change his expression into a familiar smirk, "But you do like shit. What kept you up...perhaps a-?"

"If say lion heart boyfriend I will shove your wand up your ass."

"KINKY!" Shouted Jeongin from the bathroom and in retaliation Woojin spelled Seungmins bag to jump around their bedroom.

After 10 long minutes of chasing his hyperactive bag while also headlocking Woojin, the slytherin group all walked up the stairs and into the great hall.

The bright lights from the golden candles made them a little bit more cheerier, seen as how it was November and it was too dark in the mornings. Warm plates of porridge, soup and bread rolls were placed proudly, attracting the sleep driven students.

However, what was strange was the fact that most of the gryffindors didn't seem to present. It seemed none of the seventh, sixth or fifth years were present. More precisely Hyunjin and his squad of not-so-mischievous misfits.

Not that Seungmin cared about what Hyunjin of all people were doing.

"Who're you looking for over there?" Changbin asked sneakily, raising his eyebrows suggestively. Seungmin controlled his warming cheeks and successfully kicked the other boy in the shin, glad when he yelped and banged his knee on the table.

Jeongin rolled his eyes, muttering something about it being too early for this, before graciously taking in a spoonful of oatmeal and blueberries.

"Actually- where are they?" Woojin asked after a few seconds, looking a little alarmed. "We have herbology next...you don't think they-"

The slytherin table all collectively grimaced, a few were even so disgusted they dropped their spoons and bread rolls dramatically.

The first years (who Jeongin seemed to take a liking to) looked up at him confused, and Jeongin frowned before explaining.

"The winter ball is in a few days, and the gryffindors have this tradition of planning the most disgusting proposals for their partners. Shit like singing flowers, flying bouquets,  glittery rocks that spell out 'will you be my date?' and down right horrid-"