04 - hemmings

Calum

"I need to buy their albums." Rachel blurted as we were halfway through Therapy.

"Let's go." I smiled.

"What?" Rachel slightly furrowed her eyebrows at me in confusion.

She looks so damn adorable when she does that.

I mentally cursed at myself for calling her adorable. Softie.

"Let's go buy the albums after school. I know just the place we can get them." I explained.

I watched her as she looked down and stayed silent for what seemed like forever.

"Y-y-yeah. Okay. Sure." Rachel stuttered nervously, looking back up to me and slightly smiling.

"Class ends in a minute." I stated, gently tugging the ear bud out of her ear and stuffing both my phone and ear buds back into my pocket. "Don't follow me. I need to...do something. I'll meet you outback. By the bike stands." I demanded, looking away from her eyes.

"Alright." Rachel replied so quietly I could barely hear her.

After that word left her mouth the bell rang, and I practically ran out of the room, leaving Rachel behind.

I ignored the multiple girls eyeing me up and down and the scowls from guys as I ran down the hallway.

I felt someone collide into me and when I saw their ridiculous blonde hair I groaned. "Watch where you're fúcking going, Hemmings!" I hissed, shoving him away from me and into a freak.

Luke Hemmings. Just hearing his name makes me want laugh. He's the biggest fucking nerd here in Riverbank High, and he looks fucking ridiculous. His blonde hair is quiffed way too high, and he occasionally wears these hideous black, thick framed glasses, like today.

After he regained his balance he looked at me and rolled his eyes, and took off.

Fucking weirdo.

I continued my run until I found the men's bathroom that I've been pleased in too many times to count. I pushed the thin door open and walked in.

When I saw my reflection in the shitty mirrors out of the corner of my eye, I couldn't help but smile as I remembered Rachel's beanie was still lying on my head.

I slid down a wall and reached for my phone in my pocket and read through my notifications that consisted of unknown numbers asking if I wanted to hook up or go with them to the party tomorrow night.

Ignoring all of them, I quickly typed a text to my mom.

To: Momma

Not going to be home right away, hope you had a good day. Love you

I clicked send and figured that I could meet Rachel out back now, since the school is going to be mostly deserted by now.

I pushed myself off the dirty floor and whistled a random tune as I made my way towards the back exit of the school.

As soon as I pushed the door open, I spotted Rachel looking around the parking lot and playing with the ends of her blonde hair at the spot I told her to wait for me at.

I walked the short distance between us and as soon as I opened my mouth to greet her I heard a male voice call my name.

"Hey Cal!"

I turned around to see Caleb jogging towards me.

Caleb is the typical I-play-football-so-therefore-I'm-better-than-everyone-else kind of dude.