10 - tear stained cheeks

please comment your reactions as you read !! reading your comments brightens my day

Rachel

Sadness.

It was evident in his voice.

It was evident in his eyes.

The kind of sadness that is unbelievably heartbreaking, it pierces your heart and feels as if it was turned into ashes. Leaving you with nothingness, and the feeling of your body being weighted down.

I couldn't help but stare into those dark eyes of his. His saddened eyes were quickly replaced with armor a few seconds after those words escaped his mouth, and it made me question if he was being serious or not.

Why on earth would Calum, the guy who trash talks Luke constantly, be asking about him?

Not just aski.ng about him, but asking if he talks about him.

Most likely getting annoyed with my silence, Calum raised his eyebrows towards me.

"Yes." I answered honestly.

His lips slightly parted and he slightly shook his head, "What has..he...said?" He questioned awkwardly.

I reached for my phone on the table and unlocked it, and opened up Luke and I's conversation.

I scrolled up a bit, getting to the part where Calum was mentioned, and handed my phone to him.

He quickly snatched it from my hands, and his eyes darted across the screen.

While Calum, was reading I watched his expressions and replayed out conversation in my head.

From: string bean
Who are ya with :-)

To: string bean
Calum

From: string bean
Oh cool

From: string bean
The one on his chest??

To: string bean
no, he has some type of bird on his arm

To: string bean
:-)

From: string bean
Oh yaaaaa that's coooooooooooool :-) bet it looks great stella x

Calum furrowed his eyebrows and looked back up to me, "Stella?"

"Stella would you take me home?" I smiled, knowing Calum would immediately get the reference.

Realization spread over his features. "Oh... He nicknamed you after an All Time Low song." He mumbled to himself, and looked back down at my phone and continuing to scroll through our texts.

I'm not quite sure why he was reading through them all, he was only mentioned for that little bit.

I'm honestly confused about this whole situation.

Calum had an emotionless look on his face, similar to the one he wears during ninety-percent of school hours. I noticed that instead of scrolling down he started to scroll up, but I didn't say anything yet again because by the way he's been acting tonight I don't think it'll be a good idea. Plus, I don't have anything on there to be kept secret.

I looked down to my hands and started to silently play with them in my lap.

"God, you guys fucking text like 12 year old girls."

I ignored his statement. Honestly, at this point I just want to go home. We've been out all day, and I wouldn't mind curling up in a ball, sobbing, and watching Criminal Minds for six hours straight. I usually enjoy my time with Calum but right now I'm just emotionally drained and confused.