08 - tattoo

Rachel

Calum held open the door of the tattoo shop open for me.

"I can't believe you're doing this." I laughed, walking into the shop.

He followed behind me, "It was an excuse to hang out with you."

I rolled my eyes and sat in one of the chairs that were on the side of the room, while Calum made his way up to a man covered completely in tattoos behind the desk.

The two of them did a handshake of some sort, and Calum pointed to his newly colored tattoo.

I heard the man mumble a "sick" and handed Calum what I assumed was paperwork.

I turned my attention toward the interior of the building.

The walls were painted a cream color, although they were mostly covered in posters that showed off the talent of the tattoo artists.

Multiple waiting areas were spread across the room, accompanied by plants on their side tables.

"Rach, you coming?" Calum interrupted my observations.

I looked back to him, and he had a confused expression on his face.

What?

He wants me to go in with him?

"Uhh..yeah." I half-laughed, pretending that was my original plan.

I gathered my things and followed Calum and the tattooed covered man into a decent sized, dark orange room with a black leather chair in the middle.

The room practically looked like a room at the dentist, minus the dark colored interior, artwork, and tattoo gun.

While Calum and the man, who I learned his name is Adam, chatted I once again took a seat on one of the side chairs in the room.

I quickly received my phone from my pocket and opened up the text message from Luke.

From: string bean
Hiiiii Rachel :-) do you want to do something tonight or something

I smiled at Luke's unique smiley face.

Although I text a few people, I have never in my life seen someone text a smiley face like that.

To: string bean
maybe :-$

To: string bean
:-)* oops

From: string bean
What do you mean? And don't steal my thing :-$

I rolled my eyes and typed my last message to Luke.

To: string bean
im out with a friend right now and he's getting his tattoo colored and I don't know how long it will take, sorry lucas

I clicked send and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

When I looked back up, I was met with Calum with his back towards me and him taking off his shirt.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Is he not getting his tattoo colored? And getting a new one somewhere on his chest?

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, bracing myself for a disappointing answer.

Calum turned around to face me and threw his band tee on the side table.

"I'm giving you a show." He smirked.

I heard Adam let out a light laugh, but I was too concentrated on Calum's bare chest in front of me that I forgot how to speak.