11 - trust

please comment your reactions while you're reading! :~)

Calum

After those words escaped my mouth the only noise heard was my sobs and car engines in the distance.

Eventually, the sound of Rachel's footsteps crushing the pebbles that lay on the ground reached my ears.

I kept my head down, but I could sense her body presence on my left side.

"Calum.." She whispered breathlessly, with a heavy amount of sincerity laced in her voice.

I wish I could tell her that crying is a normal thing for me.

I wish I could tell her the truth about what's happened. I have no idea what I'm going to tell her when that probable question is going to slip out of her mouth.

I wish I could ask for her advice.

But sadly, as much as I want to, I can't put my trust in a girl I've know for about a week. Not again.

A glitch about being popular is that you can't put trust in anyone anymore. Next thing you know you'll be sharing your deepest darkest secrets one night and the next day at school there's posters hung up all around the school and absolutely everyone is gossiping about you.

I tried to control my sobs, but the effort was no use.

"Calum talk to me." She whispered slowly.

My mind was utterly blank.

The only action I could force my body to execute was crying.

I heard a sniffle from left underneath my loud sobs. Great. Rachel is probably going to catch a cold from the night's bitter temperature.

I didn't even notice that the temperature was chilly, my body was burning from the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins whilst I was taking my anger and sadness out on the shitty brick wall.

I forced my eyes open and through the darkness I could make out the flannel that was tied around my waist.

Without thinking, I forced all all of my power and sat up straight against the cool wall that was probably coated in my blood.

My hands slowly moved to the knot that has moved to my left hip and my blood covered hands wearily loosened it. I tried my hardest not to get any blood on it, for Rachel's sake, but unfortunately it was not all dried and it smudged a tad on the flannel's sleeves. My knuckles felt as if they were on fire, therefore I bit my lip with all my might and breathed in.

I titled my head to Rachel to reveal her dark brown eyes already focused on mine.

Her eyebrows slightly furrowed upward and those beautiful eyes of hers widened.

I probably look like complete and utter shit.

No. I do look like complete and utter shit.

I pulled the flannel around my side to her, "Rach." I choked out with a raspy voice. "Take it."

She shook her head no, "Calum wha-"

"For fucks sake Rach, take the damn flannel!" I demanded wearily, and held the flannel towards her.

Her eyes widened and she quickly grabbed the white and grey shirt from my blood stained hand, shoved her arms through the sleeves, and started to button it from the leading button downward.

A dry cough abruptly escaped my throat resulting in me involuntarily covering my mouth with the crook of my arm.

My hand unconsciously balled into a fist in the process and I winched loudly in pain.