Chapter 1

Max Dixon's POV

I sat in a tree as I read my book, What if it's us. It is a book about gay romance basically. It's really good too. I got this book from a woman in our camp, Andrea. Suddenly I heard a growl below me. I looked down and saw a roamer stumbling towards my tree. I close my book and place it in my bag before I jump down from the tree and pull out my machete.

I wait for it to get closer before stabbing the blade into its head and then pulling it back out as the roamer falls down limp. I put my machete back on my belt before grabbing my bag and crossbow out of the tree. Then I start to head back towards camp. In case your wondering what a roamer is and why I killed it, I'll explain.

3 months ago, the world ended. People got sick and died only to come back as the undead, aka roamers. When they came back they only cared about eating peoples flesh. There were too many of them foe us to take on. Thousands even millions of people died. I managed to get away though.

My name is Max Dixon and I am 15 years old. My father is Daryl Dixon and my uncle is Merle Dixon. When this started I got out of Atlanta with my dad and uncle and we found a camp up in the mountains with other people. Atlanta was later than bombed by the military. But that was 3 months ago.

We got to know all of the people in the camp, but my dad and uncle don't like them. They say they are weak and wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for us. Since we are the only ones that know how to hunt and cook our game. And we are the better fighters.

But I like the people in our camp. There is Dale, Andrea, Amy, T-dog, Carol, Sophia, Ed, Morales and his wife and kids, Glenn, Jacque, Jim, Shane, Lori, Carl and some others that I don't really talk too.

Dale is basically the grampa of the group. Andrea and Amy are sister but they are kind. Carol and her daughter Sophia are sweet unlike Carols husband Ed. Morales and his family are okay. Jacque is sweet. Jim is a bit werid though. Glenn is really cool though. He is a really good scavenger and is funny. Shane acts like the leader of the group but shouldn't. Lori  is basically a slut. Always hanging out with Shane. Apparently her husband died at the start of this. And then there's Carl. Carl is kind, funny and adorable. I guess you could say I have a teeny tiny crush on him. Even though he's 12.

I am brought out of my thoughts as I enter the camp. I go over towards my tent and sit down outside of it on a rock setting my stuff down next to me. I then take out my book and continue to read it. Right now my dad is out hunting while Merle went with Glenn, Andrea, T-dog, Jacque, and Morales on a run to Atlanta.

I know that they will both be fine because they are Dixon's and nothing can kill a Dixon except for a dixon. "Hey Max."A voice calls out. I put my book away as I see Carl heading towards me. Carl usually hung out with me since his mom was always with Shane. "Hey little man, what's up?"I ask. "Nothing really. I just saw you come back into camp and wanted to hang out with you."Carl replies.

"Wait a minute, did you get a haircut?"I ask. "Yeah my mom just cut my hair. And Shane says that he's gonna take me frog hunting later."Carl says excited. "Cool, you better catch one for me."I say. "I will."he says. Suddenly we hear a car alarm echoing through the mountains. I jump up and grab Carl's shoulder and hold him next to me as we walk up to the others to find out what's going on.

"Stolen car is my guess."Dale calls out after looking through his binoculars. Then a red car pulls up towards us and Glenn steps out with a huge smile on his face. "Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off!"Dale Ella at him over the still beeping car alarm. "I don't know how!"Glenn yells back.

Everyone then continues to bombard Glenn with questions as Shane turns off the alarm. "Everyone's fines. Well, Merle not so much."Glenn says answering Amy's questions. "What do you mean by that?" I ask stepping forward angrily. "He went crazy and we had to leave him behind."Glenn says. "You left my uncle behind!"I yell out as I step closer.

Then a white van pulls up and Andrea and the others get out. Lori pulls Carl off to the side as I look to see if Merle comes out in case Glenn was lieing. But he doesn't. "How did y'all get out of there anyway?"Shane asks. "New guy. He got us out."Glenn says. "New guy?"I question. "Yeah. Hey helicopter boy! Come say hello."Morales yells out.

Then a man in a police uniform gets out of the car and walks up to us slowly before stopping. "Dad!"Carl yells as he then runs toward the new man. They both than hug before Lori joins in. I was too upset with the fact that they left my uncle behind so I walked back over to my tent and got in it grabbing my stuff on the way.

After a while of thinking about what to do I remember that dad doesn't know. He's gonna be pissed when he finds out. I soon get tired so I lay down and cover up before falling into a dreamless sleep.