Chapter 17

Max Dixon's POV

"Randalls gone!"T-Dog yells as he comes up to us. Rick and dad quickly run back to the shed with all of us following. We get to the shed and my dad looks inside before slamming the door open.

Rick and Andrea go inside to investigate while I stay outside and look around it. Then Rick comes back out. "Cuffs are still hooked. He must've slipped 'em."He states. "Is that possible?"Carol asks as she holds onto Sophia.

"It is if you've got nothing to lose." Andrea says as she steps out too.
"The door was secure from the outside. How could he have gotten out?"Hershal asks. Then we heard yelling off in the woods. We look over to see a bloody Shane come out of the woods yelling Ricks name.

"What happened?"Lori asks as she steps up. "He's armed! He's got my gun!"Shane yells as he approaches us. "Are you okay?"Carl asks concerned. "I'm fine. Little Basterd just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face." Shane explains as he stops in front of us.

"Alright, Hershal, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl come with us."Rick orders. "T, I'm gonna need that gun."Shane says as T-Dog Hands him his gun. I quickly grab onto Carl and hold him close to me as we back up a bit.

"Just let him go. That was the plan, wasn't it? To just let him go?"Carol asks as she holds Sophia next to her.
"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun"Rick explains. "Don't go out there. Y'all know what can happen."Carol begs as Sophia starts to cry.

"Get everybody back in the house. Lock all the doors and stay put!"Rick orders as him, Shane, Glenn and my dad walk away. We all quickly turn around and run back to the house. I held Carl's hand as we ran back together.

We get back to the house and get inside. I go around and lock all the doors while T-Dog makes sure everyone is here. I come back to the living room after I locked all the doors. Carol and Lori had sent the kids upstairs while they all sat in the living room with T keeping watch.

I go up to him and stand next to him. "See anything?"I ask as I peek out between the boards and seeing it was already dark outside. "Nothing yet."T answers. I nod before turning to everyone else. "Don't worry. I'm sure they will be back soon."I assure. Then there was a gunshot.

Everyone starts to freak out after that. "Why did they shoot? Was it Randall? Did they kill him? Did he kill one of them?"These questions were being asked as everyone ran around. "Hey! All of you need to calm down! Running around ain't gonna do us any good!"I yell out at everyone making them freeze and go silent.

"I'm going after them."Andrea states as she heads towards the door. "Don't. They could be anywhere. And if Randall comes back we're gonna need you here."Lori argues. Then the door opens and Glenn and my dad walk in.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?"Dad asks. "No."Lori answers. "We heard a shot."Dad says. "Maybe they found Randall."Lori suggests. "We found him."Dad says. "Is he back in the shed?"Maggie asks. "He's a walker." Dad answers. "Did you find the walker that bit him?"Hershal asks.

"No, the werid thing is he wasn't bit. His neck was broke."Glenn speaks up.
"So he fought back."Patricia states. "The thing is, Shane and Randalls tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together."Dad explains.

"Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?"Lori asks. "You got it."My dad says as he,Andrea and Glenn head back to the front door. I head over to them as we go out into the porch. And I was shocked by what we saw. A huge herd of walkers were up by the barn and were heading our way.

Then the others come out and see them too. "Patricia, kill the lights." Hershal whispers. "I'll get the guns."Andrea says before they both head inside. "Maybe they're just passing, like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?"Glenn asks.

"Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about. A herd that size will rip the house down."My dad answers. Then the lights go off. "Carl's gone."Lori says as she comes outside. "What?"I ask as I step forward. "He was upstairs with Sophia. I can't find him anywhere." Lori freaks out as Carol comes out with Sophia.

"Sophia, did you see where Carl went?"I ask as I crouch in front of her. "Yeah, he said that he say his dad and Shane in the field so he went to go get them."Sophia answers. "Dammit."I growl as I look out into the field. "Maybe he's with Rick."Glenn says as Andrea brings out the guns and hands them out.

"We have guns. We have cars."Hershal says as he loads a shotgun. "Kill as many as we can. Then we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them away."Andrea says. "Are you serious?" I ask. "This is my farm. I'll die here."Hershal says before walking away.

"Alright. It's as good a night as any."Dad says before jumping off the porch. Dad goes over to his motorcycle and gets on it while Glenn and Maggie get in shames car and T and Andrea in the blue pickup while Jimmy gets in the RV. I quickly jump in the back of the pickup and we take off towards the barn which was now on fire.

We get to the barn and start to drive along the fence as we shoot down the walkers. Then Jimmy drives the RV up to the barn as we continued to shoot the walkers. But there were way to many of them to take on. "They're all over the place. There's no corralling them"Andrea states.

"We're gonna run out of ammo before we even make a dent."I say. "We need a new game plan."T says before hitting a walker. "Let's go get the others at the house. Get them out of here."I state. They agree and we quickly drive up to the house. I jump out and run inside to Lori, Patricia, Beth, Carol and Sophia.

"Come on. Get to the pickup truck outside!"I yell at them. They nod and run outside while I quickly go over and grab the bag of food, a bag of water bottles and my bag before running back outside. I run over to the truck and throw my stuff in the back. Andrea had gotten out so Lori and Beth could get in. Patricia had been attacked by walkers on their way over.

I quickly grab Sophia and put her in the back and tell her to lay down. Then I saw Carol and Andrea in front of the shed as a few walkers approached them. I quickly shoot them but one manages to tackle Andrea to the ground. "Carol!Come on!"I scream as Carol runs over to me.

I help her in the back with Sophia when a walker grabbed me. I quickly shove it back and fall on top of it. I shoot it in the head and jump up as the truck starts to drive away. I quickly sprint after it but I wasn't fast enough. Carol had been yelling at them to stop but they hadn't listened.

They soon drove away from the farm and out of my sight. I shot any walkers that got too close as I ran towards the road. Then I saw my dad on his mortycycle. "Dad! Dad!"I scream as I wave my arms. He turns around and sees me and quickly drives over to me.

"Get on!"He yells. I jump on and we take off just before the walkers approached us. We took off down a dirt trail and away from the walker farm.