Chapter 30

Maggie's POV

Glenn and I finished eating and then went to get ready for the run. Just as we were about to head out, my dad called us over.

"Now, you two be careful out there, okay?" My dad asks.
"Don't worry, sir. We'll be okay."Glenn says. "We'll be right back dad. I love you." I say as I hug him.

After we said our goodbyes, we headed out to the red truck. Glenn got in the driver's seat and started it as I got in and buckled up. "You ready?" He asks. I reached over and kissed him, "Yeah, let's go."

**************************************

We hit a few places and found some food, clothes and other supplies before we made it to the baby store. Glenn parked and I got out, looking around to make sure there weren't any walkers around.

"We're clear outside." I call out as I walk over to Glenn who's grabbing the supply bag from the backseat.

"All right, let's take a look." Glenn replies. "Hey." I call and I grab his arm and kiss him. He kisses me back before pulling away. "It's a beautiful day." I smile and he grins back before heading back to the truck for a flashlight and metal cutters and goes up to the chained door of the baby store and snapped the chains right off.

Just as he opened the door, a few birds came flying right out at us. I gasped as I ducke down to avoid them. After they were all gone, Glenn headed inside the store. I turned on my flashlight and looked around from the doorway before my light landed on a toy duck.

"Glenn, get that duck."

" What?" Glenn asks as he turns around. "Get that duck." I repeat as he laughs. "Are you serious?" He asks. "Yeah. A kid growing up in a prison could use some toys." I say.

Glenn grabbed the duck and stuffed it in the supply bag, still smiling. He continued to look around the store, grabbing anything that could be useful for the baby. I stayed outside and kept watch in case any walkers came.

"We just hit the powdered formula jackpot."Glenn says as he came out of the store a little while later. "Oh, thank God." I say as Glenn approached me and showed me what he got. "I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it back in time for dinner." Glenn states as we started to pack up the truck.

"I like the quiet. Back there, back home, you can always hear them outside the fence no matter where you are." I say as I think about the walkers lining the prison fence. Glenn looks at me and smiles as he puts his bag in the backseat.

Suddenly, there's a noise over to the left side of the truck by some other cars. I drop the grocery basket I'm holding and unholster my gun, Glenn doing the same. Glenn heads towards the front of a black, dirty van, so I head towards the back of it. We both stop just before it and Glenn holds up three fingers counting down. As soon as he hit zero, we both jumped around to the other side of the van, guns up.

Standing between us, there was a bloody African woman with a sword, pointed right at Glenn. "Put it down." Glenn says as she looks between us. "Look, we don't want any trouble. So why don't we all just put our weapons down and talk?"I ask. The woman looks at each of us again, trying to figure out what to do. I lower my gun and holster it to show her I'm telling the truth.. She looks unsure before slowly lowering her sword. Glenn lowers his gun and holsters it. The woman gives in and holsters her sword back on her back.

"What's your name?" I ask. She looks at me before answering, "Michonne." Michonne says. "I'm Maggie and that's Glenn. What happened to your leg?" I ask as I look at the bloody wound on her thigh. She looks unsure as she thinks about whether she can trust us.

"I got shot." She states. "Who shot you? Are they still coming for you?" Glenn asks as he looks around. "Some asshole. He's gone now, went back to his people." Michonne states vaguely. "Why did he shoot you, you in some kind of trouble or something?" Glenn's questions.

"Why are you out here collecting baby formula?" Michonne shoots back. "A member of our group gave birth, we need the formula to feed the baby." I say as Glenn shoots a glare at me for telling this random woman about the group. I glare right back at him.

Suddenly Michonne fell. I rushed forward to check on her, but she was passed out. "We need to help her. She's loosing to much blood." I say as I look at her wound. "But we don't know her. She could be dangerous." Glenn says. "We didn't know Rick when he came to us with a shot and bleeding little boy in his arms. We didn't know you or anyone in your group when I came and got Lori. We didn't know each other when the rest of your group came to the farm. Yet we let you guys in. We fed you, saved Carl, and gave you guys a place to save. So why can't we help this one woman?" I ask angrily.

Glenn paces and rubs his head trying to figure out what to do. "Fine, we'll take her back to the prison and treat her wound. But after she's back on her feet, she leaves." Glenn states. "OK, fine. Now help me get her in the truck."I say. Glenn sighs before grabbing Michonne by the armpits and I grab her legs. We carry her over to the still open back seat door and carefully maneuver her inside and on the seat.

After we set her down, I grab the dropped grocery basket and put it in the trunk of the truck before jumping into the passenger seat while Glenn starts it up. Glenn quickly drives us back towards the prison while I look back at Michonne. The gates of the prison soon come into view and Glenn slows down as the gate gets open. We drive up to the second gate, where Rick and Carl let us in and park. Glenn and I jump out and head over towards Rick, Hershal and Beth.

"We got a small problem." Glenn states. "What happened?" My dad asks. "We found another survivor. Her names Michonne, but she was shot by someone and passed out from blood loss before we could get more information from her. We brought her back to treat her and find out more."I explain.

"Bring her inside." Rick says. Glenn opens the car door and him and Rick bring Michonne into the prison. "Carl grab a blanket. Beth, water and a towel. She's not coming on the cell blocks."Rick orders as him and Glenn set Michonne down on the blanket carl layed out on the ground. Beth brings over a bottle of water and Rick opens it and pours some on Michonne.

Michonne starts waking up as Rick tells her it's okay. "Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me."Rick says getting Michonnes attention. Michonne looks over and sees her sword on the ground and quickly reaches for it but Rick is faster and kicks it away.

"No. We're not going to hurt you, unless you try something stupid first, all right?" Rick asks holding her down. I hear footsteps and look over as Daryl comes in and calls out for Rick. "Who the hell is this?" Daryl asks. "This is Michonne. We found her on our supply run." I explain.

"Y'all come on in here. You're gonna want to see this."Daryl says gesturing to the cell block behind him. "Go ahead." Rick calls, so Glenn, Carl, Beth, Dad and I head out into the cell block Daryl came in through. "We'll keep this safe and sound.",Rick says  to Michonne holding up her sword, "The doors are all locked. You'll be safe here. And we can treat that." Rick says looking at the bullet wound.

Michonne sighs and glares at us all. "I didn't ask for your help."She says angrily. "It doesn't matter. Can't let you leave." Rick says as he walks out and Daryl locks the cell door behind him before leading us all to one of the cells. He stops outside a cell and points in. I look in and I'm shocked by what i see.

There in the cell is Carole. The same Carole who we thought was dead. I smile as I hug Beth close. "Oh, God. Thank God. Thank God." Carole cries as she gets up and hugs Rick before turning to my dad. "How?"My dad asks as he hugs Carole. "Solitary."Carole jokes. "Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must have passed out. Dehydrated." Daryl explains.

Carole turns and I hug her close before she turns and hugs Glenn. She goes toward Beth but stops when she sees the baby in her arms. She smiles at the baby before looking at Rick. Rick looks away and Carole understands that Lori is gone. "I'm sorry. Oh God."Carole cries looking back at the baby.

Carole looks up again at all of us. She looks at everyone one by one before looking confused.

"Where's Max?"