Chapter 12

Max Dixon's POV

I woke up to an excited voice yelling at me to get up. I open my eyes and see Carl was awake and in my tent smiling. "Hey, kid. How you feeling?"I ask as I sit up. "I'm okay. A little sore but okay."Carl says before leaning in and kissing me. I smile as I kiss back.

We pull away as Carl than cuddles into my chest causing me to lay back down. I wrap my arms around him and rub his back. This was nice. I wouldn't mind doing this everyday. "What do you want to do today?"I ask. "Well, I already helped my mom feed the chickens and Shane and my dad are gonna teach me how to shoot a gun!"Carl says excited.

"Is that so? When are you guys going?"I ask. "In a few minutes. I came to see if you wanted to come with?"Carl asks. "Yeah, I'll come."I agree. "Yes! Come on, we gotta go!"Carl says grabbing my hand and pulling me out.

"Hold on, let me put my shoes on."I chuckle as he stops to let me pull my shoes on. I grab my crossbow and gun holster and I head out to the cars with him. We get in the cars with everyone else that wants to learn before taking off.

After awhile of driving we came up to an open field with a fence and stopped. Shane and Rick started to set up bottles and cans along the fence while T-Dog handed out guns to everyone. I stood back with Lori and watched as Shane and Rick explained to everyone how to shoot and aim.

Soon everyone was shooting at the targets. Carl was doing pretty good. He already hit a few targets after Rick showed him what to do. "Aren't you gonna learn too?'Lori asks me.  I look over at her and smirk. "I already know how to shoot. What about you?"I ask.

"I don't want to."Lori states as she continued to watch Carl. "Hey, he's gonna be okay. He's a fast learner."I say trying to reassure her. "But what if something goes wrong and he accidentally shoots himself? I wouldn't know what to do."Lori admits. So that's why she was so worried.

"Carl's careful. He knows what he's doing. He'll be fine. You just got to accept that."I say. "Okay. Wait. If you know how to shoot, why did you come out here?"She questions me. "To watch how good of a shot Carl is."I state. She nods before we go silent again to watch everyone else.

"Max!"Carl calls out to me as he stops shooting to look at me. "What?"I ask as I walk up to him. "I want to see you shoot."Carl says smiling at me. I smile as I take out my hand gun and aim at the glass bottle on the fence. I then pull the trigger and watch as the bottle explodes.

"Woah. You're really good!"Carl exclaims. I chuckle at how amazed he is. "Yeah, and if you keep practising you'll be this good some day."I say as I ruffle his hair. After awhile of shooting Rick announces that we're gonna head back as T-Dog and him collect the guns. Shane and Andrea were gonna stay behind since she was doing good.

We get back in the car and head back towards the farm. When we got back to camp, Carl's mom wanted to talk with him so I headed over to my dad's tent to check on him since he hasn't come out here yet. I get to his tent and see that he's reading a book. "Wow, Daryl Dixon reads. Who new?"I ask chuckling.

He drops the book to the side as be smirks up at me. "Got nothing better to do."Dad says. "How do you feel?"I ask as I sit down next to him. "Like shit."He states. "Need me to get you anything? Food? Water? A massage?"I ask. "I'll take the massage, but I'm warning ya my feet sure are nasty."He states as he lifts up his feet.

I chuckle as I push them back down.
"I was kidding."I say. "Nah, I'm good then. Don't need anything. Why don't you go hang out with your boyfriend." Dad smirks. "How did you know?"I ask as my face heats up. "I have my ways. Now go. Let me sleep."He says as be rolls over. I stand up and head back to the camp to see Carl.

But just as I get up there I hear Maggie yelling. I hide behind a tree as Maggie yells at Lori. "Next time you want something, get it your damn self. We're not your errand boys."Maggie yells as Lori tries to talk. Then Maggie picks something up and throws it at Lori. "And here's your abortion pills."She yells before walking away with Glenn right behind her.

My jaw drops in shock. Lori's pregnant. And she's gonna abort it. I quickly and quietly walk back towards my tent. Should I tell someone? Does Rick know? Does Carl know? What should I do? I don't know what to do. But surly she told Rick. Right? I groan as I plop down in my tent. I'm not gonna do anything. This is Lori's problem not mine.

I than heard a car engine outside. I  get up and see that Shane and Andrea are back. I sit back down and decide to just read my book. After about 15 minutes I finished my book. Now the ending had me thinking there was a sequel to it. I had to find it.

It was getting late so I went out and saw that everyone was around the camp fire eating some dinner. I go over and get myself a plate before sitting down next to dad and digging in. Everyone was silently eating as I looked around. I noticed that Rick wasn't here though. Did he find out?

I kept my eye on Lori as she ate. Then she looked up and we made eye contact. I gestured at her stomach and then back at her in a questioning way. She dropped her fork onto her plate as she realized I knew. Then she mouths to me that we needed to talk.

I nod before finishing my meal and taking care of my stuff. I say goodnight before heading towards my tent. I sit down outside of it and waited for Lori to come over. After a few minutes she showed up.

"How did you find out?"She asks. "I heard Maggie yelling at you earlier. Does anyone else know?"I ask. "Dale, Glenn, Maggie, Rick and you."She answers. "Did you abort it?"I question. "No, I couldn't." She sighs. "So what now? Are you gonna tell everyone?"I ask. "Yeah, I just don't know when too."She says. "You'll know when to. Now go get some rest. You'll need it especially with a baby inside you."I say. She nods before walking back towards her tent.

I get into my tent and slip off my shoes and holster and set them down along with my crossbow. I lay down as I think. So today Carl learned to shoot and Lori is pregnant. What next?