Chapter 10: You Want Me To Do What?!

JULY 25, 2021

Y/N POV

I enter the JYP building and I'm greeted by Jiae again. "Hello again Y/N. Please follow me, Mr. Park is waiting."

I follow Jiae, but I'm a little confused, "Jiae, I thought you were TWICE's manager. Why are you bringing me to see JYP?"

"Because it has to do with TWICE," she says as though it's obvious, I guess I should've been able to put those pieces together.

"Did I do something wrong? Is JYP upset with my working with Jihyo?"

"Not in the slightest! It's actually more like the opposite but I'll let him explain."

The opposite? What's going on? We stop in front of JYP's office and Jiae opens the door for me and I walk in. JYP rises from his desk with a big smile on his face and he walks over to me with his arm outreached for a handshake. "Y/N! Great, you're here!" We shake hands and I look behind him to see Momo is also here. She smiles cutely to me and gives a small wave.

"What's going on? You needed to speak with me, sir?" I ask JYP.

"Yes, yes please sit down." JYP heads back behind his desk as I sit in the seat next to Momo, opposite JYP. "So Y/N, the reason I summoned you here today is that all the girls in TWICE have done solos so far except for Momo here. Now, while she's an incredible dancer, she struggles at times with singing so I fear a solo from her won't sell as well without some help, that's where you come in."

"You want me to feature on a song with her?" I ask.

"Not only that, I want you to produce her solo debut Y/N," JYP says, excited.

"I mean I'd love to help Momo out, but I'm the CEO of a competitor label Mr. Park. I can't just produce albums not under Eternal or UMGA. I'd lose my job."

"I understand that, which is why I'd like her album to be a joint venture between JYP and Eternal."

I sigh uneasily, "You've piqued my interest but that isn't my decision to make. Eternal is owned by UMGA. I can't do a joint venture without their approval."

"I already spoke with your parent label and they're ok with it."

"So you wouldn't mind if I called and double checked that then? Not that I don't believe you!"

"Of course I understand entirely! Please make your phone call, we will wait." JYP leans back in his chair and I stand up and walk away as I call up UMGA on my cell phone.

Momo POV

I really hope Y/N is able to help me. It'd be amazing to have a chance to work with him at all, let alone have him produce my music! JYP said UMGA cleared Eternal to work with us so I hope he wasn't bluffing. Y/N is to smart a businessman for that. I can't make out what he's saying but he's definitely gotten through to someone and not an answering machine.

Y/N hangs up his phone and walks back to the desk and sits down next to me. Please say you can do it. Please say you can do it.

"So UMGA has cleared Eternal to work with you on Momo's solo debut," Y/N says to JYP. YES! "But they've given me the final say and I have a few conditions." Oh no. "I want full creative control over the album's creation. The album will be made just like any other under Eternal only instead of distributing through UMGA it will go through JYP."

"That's what I was looking for. You have a deal!" JYP says stretching out his arm to Y/N.

"Aaaand, Momo has to agree. I refuse to produce her album if she doesn't want me to."