Chapter 22: New Angels

December 4, 2023

Greg POV

I finish making a cup of coffee and sit on the couch next to my gorgeous wife, Jennie. She has some reality game show on or something and is texting on her phone. Probably one of the members if I had to bet money on it. They've all been as excited as ever in spite of not having practiced for a few months as Rosie was due to have her twins any day now. Suddenly Jennie's phone starts ringing in her hands and she answers it. "He-"

"AAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I hear scream out of Jennie's phone cutting her off. She jumps away from the phone, startled by the loud screaming coming through it.

Jennie throws the phone on speaker and we hear Y/N shout over the screaming, "IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING!!!"

"Oh shit!" I say as Jennie and I jump up from the couch, "We're on our way bro! You going to University Hospital?"

"Yeah, we're heading there now!" Y/N says, "Terry! Help me get her in the car!" The call ends as Y/N hangs up.

"I gotta tell Jisoo and Lisa!" Jennie says hurriedly tapping on her phone.

"Tell them on the way we gotta go!" I tell her and we run out to the car and drive to the hospital. My nieces are coming!

--- --- ---

We pull to the hospital and rush to the front desk where a receptionist is sitting in front of a computer. "Hey! Hello! Our friends are having a baby," I tell the receptionist and he stands up and raises his hands.

"Alright calm down sir," he tells me, "What are your friends' names?"

"Her name is Park Chaeyoung," Jennie says and the receptionist finally realizes who he's talking to.

"J-Jennie Kim?! Yes, of course, give me one second," He goes to his computer and starts typing immediately. "I'm not seeing anything of Rosé checking in yet," he tells us, "Are you sure they are here yet?"

As if on cue, Terry rushes into the hospital carrying Rosie bridal style. Y/N rushes past him and towards us and the desk, "My wife's in labor!"

"Yes sir!" the receptionist says before calling out, "I need a gurney!"

A few nurses suddenly appear with a gurney and Terry says Rosie down on it.

"Alright, Dad follow us. Everyone else, stay here for now," one of the nurses says.

"What? No way we're coming with you!" I hear from behind me and I turn to see Lisa and Jisoo in the doorway of the hospital.

"We don't have enough room for everyone," the nurse says, "The doctor needs room to work."

"I'll keep you all updated," Y/N says as he follows the nurses rolling Rosie past a set of double doors and out of our field of view.

I sigh, and saunter over to a chair in the lobby and plop into it, my focus shifting to the TV which is showing a 24-hour news channel.

--- --- ---

A few hours of waiting go by. Jennie is sitting next to me on her phone as is Jisoo next to her. Lisa and I periodically tune into and out of the news show, taking breaks to go on our phones as well here and there. Y/N's been decent at updating us here and there. We last heard from him maybe an hour ago when he said that Rosie was only dilated 3 cm. Terry was asleep in one of the chairs. Subin has shown up as well as Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Nayeon from Twice and Lee and some of Twice's managers causing our group to take up a large portion of the hospital's waiting area.

"Guys," Tzuyu says looking at the TV. I refocus on the show to see they're talking about Rosie.

"We have some breaking news that Rosé of the UMGA girl group BLACKPINK is currently in labor," The female reporter says on the screen.