5

Edith sat in Marcus' room with Marcus and Willie

"All I'm saying is, you're not making your own choices. You're just doing what you're taught to do." Marcus said to Willie as Edith laid on his bed painting her nails.

"Hit 'em with a right hook!" Willie instructed as Marcus played a game. Edith glanced up to watch the TV and then flickered her eyes to Marcus as his tongue slightly stuck out.

"I don't really trust the sovereignty of any government. I mean, patriotism? What marketing asshole comes up with the idea that you get to feel noble by by looking out for your own self-interests?" Marcus questioned, Edith shook her head at him.

"Uppercut! Uppercut! Would you quit keeping it real at me and focus on the game, man?" Willie instructed.

"Yes! Suck my ass, Canadian Crusher!" Marcus shouted making Edith laugh.

"There it is! Knockout, baby! This our champion. That's what I'm talking about." Willie lifted Marcus' arm in the air.

"Let me get some." Willie said

He motioned to the food that Edith brought with her and she nudged it towards him, but he didn't have time to reach for anything before the door clicked open.

"You best give me my money, Arguello, or I'll make it hurt." Willie suddenly shot towards Marcus with a cold glare as Shabnam walked in with just a towel around his waist.

"Uh, uh, I don't have a dime." Marcus held his hands up in surrender.

Edith furrowed her brows at Willie, she knew he had a reputation to maintain, but it wasn't as if Shabnam would say anything anyway.

"I ain't asking for a dime, but I want my $2. You got till tomorrow." Willie said walking out, barely being able to look behind him at Edith, scared of her hatred to him in that second.

"Borrowing money from FWO? Smooth move, ex-lax. Their interest rates are exorbitant and their collection methods are rather stabby." Shabnam explained.

His eyes flickering to Edith, he coughed and slightly blushed, fixing the towel upon his waist. He wondered if she was going to leave or not, not that he wanted her to.

"Where is that?" He mumbled looking for his cream.

"Hey, try Bactine. If you get cut by something dirty, it can get infected." Shabnam turned around to glare at Marcus. "Uh, uh, not that the dildo was was dirty or or or your your mom Uh, I don't know."

Edith shook her head and laughed at the stuttering boy, not being able to contain her second hand embarrassment.

"You want to bow out on this one?" Shabnam questioned.

"Yeah, very much." Marcus nodded with a small grateful smile. "Hey, listen, man. I'm sorry. I should've done something." Marcus admitted.

"That's just water under the proverbial bridge, compadre. Life's too short for grudges. Forgiven? Check. Forgotten? Checka-checka-checka!" Shabnam chuckled. "Oh, dang! It's the old Rat tutorial guide. Most of this stuff is, like, way ancient, though. What you need is the skinny from an in-the-know cat." Shabnam handed Marcus a leaflet.