20

A/n: check out dhxdols manip account l1719l

"Meeting Lex's contact at The Adolescents show tonight. Bring whatever money you've got." Saya said as she walked along the corridor with Marcus and Edith.

"I, uh, look, have Lex store the explosives in the back of the comic shop. I'll open the store tomorrow." Marcus said handing Edith the key. She furrowed her brows but took it. "No one else will be there."

"You're not coming?" Edith whispered, afraid someone would hear her.

"You're just leaving us to deal with it?" Saya questioned.

"I-" Marcus glanced at Edith and sighed. "I promised Maria. She's upset."

"Oh boohoo." Edith mumbled with a scoff.

"Well, you know what, do whatever you gotta do to straighten her out, Romeo. We need her in full form tomorrow." Saya said going to walk away.

"Hey, listen. I never thanked either of you for all the help." Marcus stopped the two girls.

"Don't flatter yourself. No choice, you're my pledge." There was a brief pause. "But if you get everyone killed tomorrow and you screw it up, I'm the one stuck paying the price." Saya said walking away.

"So, why are you helping? She's my pledge-"

"Why do you think Marcus?" Edith looked into his soft brown eyes. Marcus nodded and Edith ran to catch up with Saya.

~

"You are kidding me. His master, the piety king of lecture town sent you two solo?" Lex questioned as Edith and Saya got off Saya's bike.

"He's dealing with another mess." Saya responded. "Why'd you pick the show?"

"I already had tickets and I was not gonna miss The Adolscents." Billy handed Edith and Saya a ticket each.

"Let's get this over with." Lex mumbled rolling his eyes.

"Hey! Wait up!" Marcus shouted running towards them.

Edith couldn't help but let a small smile form on her face. He choose them over Maria.

"Have an extra ticket?"