19

"An assassin must not love

"An assassin must not love."
Marcus snook a small glance at Edith.

"Must not marry. Must discard friends and ideals. Violations of these edicts are the most common down fall of our kind."

Edith watched Saya pass Marcus a note. She was curious and couldn't help but wonder what was on it. Solemnly, she then reminded herself that she wanted nothing more to do with Marcus.

"To achieve true commitment to the life, we must drown these frail needs." Lin swung his cane at Marcus face, but Maria stopped it.

Idiot, Edith thought.

By saving Marcus she had exposed herself, not that she cared.

"Emotions are a chemical mirage that will betray you. Leave you exposed." Lin said tapping Maria's side. "If you care for another human, it to create your own greatest weakness."

Once again, Marcus looked at Edith, and it didn't go unnoticed by Maria or Lin.

"If you love someone enough to die for them, then you surely will."

Edith started to pack her things up as the bell rang, she didn't want to be in a room with Marcus or the others for that matter for long than she had to.

~

Edith couldn't understand why she was at lost innocence, comic shop. She had tried to tell Willie that she didn't want to go, but he practically dragged her out of the room.

"Jesus." Marcus mumbled looking at the photos that Saya had taken. "Is that Shabnam's dad?"

"His mom could be in there as well." Maria pointed out.

"All the more reason we have to do this now." Billy mumbled.

Edith sat on the desk and played with her chipped nails, they were boring her because they were simply stating the obvious.

"Shabnam's house is rigged with traps. Chester has 7 to 8 people inside helping him." Saya explained what she had seen.

"You're sure he has Chico?" Maria questioned. Edith rolled her eyes, was she stupid?

"It's no bluff. He knows everything. He has to be getting information from someone inside of kings." Saya pointed out.