21

"Holy shit, that was fucking amazing! That was nothing like how I thought it was!" Marcus smiled happily as they left the building

Edith didn't know where the others were, but she was sure that Saya wouldn't let Thomas out of her sight.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Edith smiled. It seemed that she could only ever genuinely smile whenever Marcus was around.

"Oh, man, I got knocked down and the scariest guy in there, he picked me up, patted me on the back, and he he wrapped his arm around me and we started dancing around together." Marcus said waking in front of Edith.

"Like I told you, camaraderie. We got lucky there were no metalheads there. They misunderstand the whole situation.
Show up, throw punches, start fights.
Same as the skinheads. They start beating on the Mohawks."

Edith paused, watching Marcus light a cigarette.

"I'm glad you went in. I'm glad you got to experience it." She said with a genuine softness to her voice.

"I had an amazing time." Marcus mumbled, putting his cigarettes back in his pocket.

"Let me have one of those." Edith said before he could.

Marcus smiled and handed her one. She placed it in between her lips.

Marcus pulled out the lighter, Edith grabbed his hand and guided him towards the cigarette, never breaking eye contact.

"You know, you never tell me anything about you." Marcus said as Edith took a drag. "It's a real discrepancy in our relationship, considering that you know everything about me."

Edith thought about telling him about her parents, about everything that happened in her life. But she couldn't bring herself too.

"Aww, come on, dark and mysterious. Give me-Give me a little something about yourself. Anything." Marcus smirked.

Edith dropped her cigarette onto the floor and crushed it with the ball of her feet before biting her bottom lip.