16/03

March 16th

Her body lay still, nothing moving apart from the slight fall and rise of her chest as she breathed. She looked like she was dead, like a corpse. Her face was a ghastly white and her limbs as thin as wooden twigs; easily broken or shattered.

She felt like she was dead. Her body, she no longer had any control over it. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t move her arms or wriggle her fingers, all she could do was listen to the faint voices and sounds that surrounded her and bear the pain that came from her chest; her heart.

She was in no condition to be able to understand what was being said, but she could tell who it was.

Him.

It was as if she could sense his presence, as if they shared a connection so strong.

She wanted to open her eyes, to be able to see him even if it was for a moment. She wanted him to wrap his arms around her so she could get lost in his embrace. She longed for that feeling of secure and peace which she could only get from him.

She didn’t want anything more than one last moment together, because she knew what was fast approaching. It wouldn’t be long before she was gone from this world, and she wanted to take one last memory of being with him along with her.

Struggling ferociously to gain control over her bodily limbs, she fought against her body for one last moment, one last memory with him. She could feel it coming, the end, and that scared her. It was terrifying knowing that you had a time limit to live. It was terrifying knowing that you would soon be dead.

Attempting to ignore the unbearable pain, she started breathing much more frequently, taking in little wisps of air through her nose so that she would be able to increase the concentration of oxygen in her lungs.

Her eye lids felt heavy as they covered her eyes from the light and so it became that much harder to pry them open. Her body was screaming with rage as she strived to open her eyes. Everything felt numb as exhaustion began to invade her body. It all became a lot harder as she felt her body shake, as she slowly regained that feeling in her fingers.

Parting her lips, she sucked in as much air as she possibly could, which immediately turned out to be a mistake as her heart banged against her ribcage; now beating ten times faster. The pain engulfed her body as it spread across it, conquering one part of her at a time.

It felt like she was on fire, as if she was burning from the inside out. She didn’t know how much time was left, but she knew that it wasn’t long. She had to be strong, strong for herself and for him.

Mustering all the willpower that she had, she woke up from her deep slumber, no longer lost in the darkness. It only lasted for a moment because her eyes stung and watered from being exposed to the sun light.

She opened them again, squinting this time so that she would be able to regain her focus without any delay. She could feel the tears flow down her face as her eyes stung, but she kept them open, blinking madly.

Everything was in slow motion from then on.

She couldn’t make out what was being said but as she looked around the room that she was currently residing in, it appeared that everyone was in frenzy and were screaming orders at each other.

Finally, her eyes landed on the person whom she was searching for. Him. His hair was tousled as if he had run his fingers through it a countless amount of times. His charcoal black orbs bore into her eyes as her lips curved up slightly. It was him.

And that was it, the end of the moment, the end of her life as she knew it.

Her heart throbbed, her body ached, and her eyes closed for what she believed to be the last time.