re-PLACEMENT

It has been days since Mikaze’s tantrum. We didn’t ask him what happened and we didn’t even think it will happen again.

“Ai-kun is a bad boy isn’t he?” the host in a music show asks the youngest member of Quartet Night. “Aiai, you should answer them.” Tears suddenly poured out again from Ai, “Aiai! What happened? Is there a problem?”

Ai suddenly pulls his hair and chants “I’m a bad boy. I’m a bad boy.” He hugs his legs and bursts into crying without responding to the questions.

“Ai! Stop this.” Ranmaru and I rush over to check. I don’t know what to do so I just hugged him at least to calm him down.

“Camus, what will we do?” Kurosaki pulls out his handkerchief to wipe Mikaze’s face, its now color red, his eyes too.

“I think he needs a break. We will excuse ourselves.” I assisted Kurosaki in lifting Mikaze out of the studio; he is still not stopping in his outcry.

“You shouldn’t have teased Aiai and calling him a ‘bad boy’! I will follow them, Please excuse me.” Kotobuki rushed to our place and phoned the car driver.

Kurosaki is carrying Mikaze, “Ai is a good boy, right. He is an ANGEL. They are liars don’t listen to them.”  We shower Mikaze with good words, “Mikaze you want to drink Nokari? I’ll get some, okay?” I got some juice he likes in the vending machine nearby and made him drink some.

Phew looks like he calmed down a bit, he stopped crying ATLEAST that. “Mikaze, do you feel better now?” He shakes his head as a response. “Hakase.” “You want to go to professor? We will bring you to him. Don’t worry.”

I asked Kotobuki if we can go to the laboratory, we got an okay from the agency.

The seniors are also here in this TV station, I wonder if we will see them. “Myu-chan-sempai!” “What is happening? Why is Mikaze-sempai crying?” As we all walked towards our seniors we heard people whispering. “The host said that Ai-san is a bad boy.” “Poor him, it might’ve gotten to him too much.”

The host of the show had mislead Ai-sempai and this happened, “Quartet Night your car is ready! It is in the company lobby!”

Baron lifted Ai-sempai in his back as Ran-chan and Rei-chan covers him to protect him from possible paparazzi in the lobby. “Let’s follow them!”

We all rushed to see what will happen, “Ai-san are you okay? Please look at us?” “Let us take a picture of Ai!” The eager media men are forcing their way, almost hurting the other seniors just to touch Ai-sempai. “Please let Aiai rest! We will answer your questions next time. Myu-chan hurry!”

They all boarded their car safely, if only we could follow them. “Ren, we should go! It’s almost time.” Ichi shouted at me.

When we arrived at the dormitory, we saw Baron, Ran-chan and Rei-chan in the living room discussing something. “Good thing you are here now. Sit down.” Baron looks like he is not in the mood for jokes, even the others. “Kurusu and Shinomiya, you two will vacate to other rooms. Shinomiya will take my bed, Kurusu are you okay sharing a bed with Cecil?” We are stunned on the sudden decision.

“It’s okay, I guess. We saw what happened earlier! What happened to Ai? Is he okay?” Midget changed the tone of his voice as the three had shown us a bothering expression.

“You know what Mikaze really is, right?” We nodded. “Actually he is made to wake someone up.” “To what someone???”

“You know Kisaragi Aine? He is an idol around four years ago.” Ran-chan asked us.

“I heard he is dead. He swum to the sea and never had been found.” Ichi sure knows gossip.

“He is found, unconscious and he is in a comatose state until last week.” What does until last week mean Ran-chan? I couldn’t ask it at all.

“Mikaze is modified to be synchronized with Kisaragi Aine. What Mikaze feels will be felt by Kisaragi. He woke up last week, days after our latest album is released. Mikaze must have felt something that time probably triggered Kisaragi’s consciousness.”

“Right now, Aiai’s emotion control system is unstable so we want you to leave this issue to us. Myu-chan and Ranran will stay with Aiai.” They are trying not to bother us. “I and Sho-chan can take care of Ai-chan! We can help too. Ai-chan is our senior!”

“Natsun, listen to us for now. Do you two have an idea to calm him down?” Rei-chan looks at Baron and Ran-chan. “You remember the Kyoto tourist DVD he always watches? Maybe that can help.”

“I’ll find the copy on the shelves.” Baron rushed to the library, he just passed us. “I think the sea gelatin can also help. Reiji go buy some.” “Why me?” “I don’t have money right now.” “Oh, yeah.”

“Rei-chan sempai! I know where that gelatin is being sold I will buy it for Ai-chan.” Shinomi stared at me and I can’t say no. “Okay, I’ll drive for you.” Ichi points to the hallway signaling to us that we will have a chat.

“I know this is a bit confusing, but let’s try to help the seniors even a little bit.” He sighed and continued. “Let’s follow what they want. We will wait until the right time comes for us to step into their issues.” We all agreed to Ichi’s decision, I hit the road with Shinomi and Cesshi while the rest prepares for the sudden mix of roommates.

♥♪♫♪♫♪♫♥

Its 3am, I woke up when Kurosaki suddenly kicks my face and realizes I slept beside him and Mikaze. We have to make sure the kid will not wake up and cry AGAIN. I felt the dryness of my throat and I am definitely going to the kitchen to get some warm water, cold ones will not be favorable for my voice.

The light in the library is lit up, who in the right mind will be in the library in this ungodly hour. I saw Jinguuji reading old magazines most of it? from the time when Kisaragi disappeared. “It is not like you if you research in this hour Ren.”

I heard someone call my name with an indifferent tone. Oh good, Baron looks like he wants to smack my eyes so I can sleep. “It felt weird not hearing Ran-chan’s snoring so I can’t sleep. And you?”

“I’m going to the kitchen to grab some water.” He spitefully answered. “I have some tea in the table, let’s chat then.” He is the usual Baron; he sat on the sofa facing the tea set. He waited for me to prepare a tea for him, “I wonder how much this is affecting you. You don’t seem bothered at all.” I commented as I serve him a cup.

“If I show a bothered look, this case will not be resolved. Kotobuki’s mind is in havoc while I don’t know if Kurosaki will be of much help.” He sips the tea and sighs.

“Do you know about this?” I know this is not the time to ask this but. “Even before I came here from the palace.” “About Ai-sempai being a robot?”

“Kisaragi Aine’s suicide attempt.” I didn’t expect him to be this ON on Japanese pop culture. “You know, its not that I am too engrossed to the Japanese culture.” Oh he got me. “The professor that taught me the language dotes me. He loves sending me reading materials from here, from science to origami books and idol magazines. I read about Kisaragi Aine and I even know Kotobuki as an artist. I listen to their songs. Even in my wildest dreams that I had never imagined I will be entangled with this.”

He looks very bothered right now. I don’t like seeing him like this it’s so not like him. “When I first met Mikaze they didn’t tell me anything. I just discovered it myself and when the agency broke the truth to me and Kurosaki, both of us are not surprised at all.” Seriously even Ran-chan himself didn’t even take this kind of grave matter as a joke.

“The first time we met Kisaragi.” Baron is not stopping, I am happy that he trusts me. “It’s not that good. Kotobuki broke to tears and gasped for his breath seeing his best friend inside a glass capsule with around 6 or more tubes in his body that keeps him alive. I don’t know what Kurosaki felt but… I guess I felt the tightening of my chest. And the first thing that entered my mind is.” He stopped; Baron bowed his head and placed his palms in his face. “Will we loose Mikaze once this fellow named Kisaragi wakes up?”