Time is up

Last year’s Christmas had been so special, we decided to move on. Many things happened, now we are spending Christmas in Hokkaido. STARISH is opening acts for our tour so we stroll around Japan with them. When New Year came, we the Quartet Night together with Kisaragi Aine took a flight to Europe, America and other Asian countries to have a world tour; it is the second best winter for us.

“Ahhhh! It’s so cold. Come on Christmas be friendly…” I groaned as I try to pull myself up. My cats are meowing and I remember I haven’t fed them. I rode my motorcycle to the agency; after feeding my furry friends, the road is covered with snow, curse you Camus!

“Ai-kun wake up. I know it is cold but the agency is calling you up.” Those words waked me up, sounds like my own voice… Oh Aine-san. I fixed myself then we faced the freezing cold outside to grab a cab.

I dropped by a drive thru stop of a fast food chain and bought a large burger and hot cocoa. When I arrived at the agency a group of fan girls carrying placards are there. “You should be spending your special day with a special someone.” I smiled at them and they waved and smiled back at me. “You are our special someone.” I waved them goodbye. I saw Ranran’s motorcycle in the parking area.

He is waiting for me in the lobby, Aiai saw us. “Christmas.” “Christmas.” We replied to his greeting. Aine smiled at me, “Only half a week since their concert.” “Looks like, they are normal.”

Showbiz Newscast is on TV, we watched it. “The Idol World is still in shock on Quartet Night’s sudden disbandment. We will be receiving a copy of Camus’ last magazine interview on Saturday.” “We are hoping that all of our questions will be answered then.” “It is not a Merry Christmas for QN fans definitely.” The host nods at each other.

“Yes, we disbanded two days ago.” We stride to Shining’s office after our feature.

♥♪♫♪♫♪♫♥

“Are you heated up?” We popped out from the backstage as we will have our last free talk of our concert. The attendees screamed as they saw the four of us, “We would like to announce something so we hope you will keep silent even for a bit.” I gulped my own saliva and looked at the three of them we nod at each other.

“It’s a good morning for all of us.” The crowd got confused. “The dream is at its end and we have to go back to our normal lives.” Ranran added. “We are very blessed to have all of you ladies in our night long journey.” Aiai bowed to the audience that started tearing up one by one.

“Please my ladies. Don’t blame these three people beside me. It is my fault this is happening; they will be continuing to entertain you all.” Myu-chan pointed to us.

“I will be leaving Japan soon. I hope my love and music will be forever with you. I’m sorry for this unlikely Christmas gift.” A photo-video collection of us is played on the screen

Our juniors rushed to us from the backstage as we watch the presentation. We lost breath of laughing on our photos in master course, the out takes on Shining space TV, and backstage photos from Shining Theater and numerous live concerts we shared together. We sang Shining Star X-mas and waved to the crowd as we exit.

We had our last group hug as Quartet Night, Myu-chan and Ranran pulls up their arms so I can’t reach it for the hug. The juniors joined us, Aine, Rinrin and Ryuya squeezed themselves with us too. After the concert we had gone to the airport to wait for Myu-chan’s flight.

“I will be leaving Alex here, please take care of him.” “Yep!” “One more thing Kotobuki, excuse me huh.” “Excuse you for what?” “I will most likely be wed next year. Sorry I will be going to the married life first.” We all laughed. “WHAT! Wait Myu-chan! Let me be first!” I pushed him and pulled him back and forth.

“Not happening.” A last call for Myu-chan’s flight had been paged. “Well then I will be going to the married life.” He and Ranran bumped each other’s fist then Myu-chan walked towards the boarding area. He looked back at us, “Kurosaki, send me a letter if you are already expecting a child. I will have a child after you, so don’t forget okay!” Ranran send two thumbs up to him.

“Hey! Are you really saying that you two will have a family even before I got to be wed! Arghhh!!!!” “Nah! We know you will be an unwed old man.” Aiai answers with his usual tone. “YOU!!!!” I ran after Aiai and Ranran as Myu-chan boards the plane laughing his ass off. That is the last memory we have with him.

♥♪♫♪♫♪♫♥

I woke up seeing an aurora from my window; I stood up and walked to my balcony. Snow is covering every inch of the surface I can view. “My lord, what would you like for breakfast?” I glanced at my servant, “Natto.” I whispered. “What did you asked for, my lord?”

“I said sandwich; the one with strawberry and blueberry on each side with a lettuce or cabbage in the middle.” How can they possibly serve me natto. I fixed myself for the day, when I looked at the mirror I saw my younger self. The one around 5 years ago when I am dressing up to go to Japan; that day I wasn’t wearing the usual earl’s uniform I wore since I am a child.

This time I get to wear it again, though it’s a bit more extravagant than the ones I wore then. After eating breakfast I scanned my library, my old magazines are still there. Kisaragi Aine, gone for good? Or gone forever?. Kotobuki Reiji, pushed Kisaragi Aine to suicide. These names are just names and pictures until I had gone to Japan. I realized that it is a worth trip. I can’t wish for anything anymore. “My lord, I am sorry, I forgot to greet you.” I smiled.

“Happy birthday my lord.” I had been here for a month but I still can’t manage to accept the regained silence I once had. I looked at my study table and I saw photo frames lined up on top of it. I laughed when I saw whose images is it, but it also brought tears to my eyes; not of happiness though. This bunch of peasants might be the first and last friends I needed to live on. “Thank you…”