Reconnecting Bands

♥♪♫♪♫♪♫♥

I can’t imagine it has been months since I woke up, I am now living with the four of them in their condominium unit. Right now, I am working for the agency as a song writer and office staff.  I am walking inside Z Channel when I spotted Ranmaru-kun standing beside a vending machine. “Hey! How are you Ku-ro-sa-ki.” Three males carrying instruments approached him. “Nothing much.” They looked into each others eyes with resentment. “Well then, we have a band gig. Gotta go!” Ranmaru-kun… Maybe they are those guys who left him. He sat on a near chair, I touched his hands ; that he is clenching earlier, it is trembling. No, HE is trembling.

“Ranmaru-kun.” I caressed his hair and hugged him. “It had been brave of you on not touching them.” He embraced me back and dropped some tears. “Why are you here Aine?” I smiled at him. “I delivered something from the agency. Are you finished here? I would really want to hitch a ride on your motorcycle.” He nod and we rode on his two wheel best friend.

The night lights are so beautiful, we stopped in front of a bar lounge. “This is where I met them, the place where I formed my musical fantasies and the same place where I was left out.” “Is that so?” He hit the accelerator again and he parked near a ramen house.

“Let’s have dinner and then we will go to a bar.” He ordered the gargantuan bowl while I ordered a large beef ramen. It’s my treat of course; Ranmaru-kun can’t afford eating the three bowls if it’s not for free. Looks like the hot noodles had cooled him down he is now smiling.

We hit the road again and stopped at a high end looking tavern. He just salutes to the guard or the bouncer maybe and we let ourselves in. There are two doors a glass one and an oak one; you can see the wild crowd behind the glass door. “Is he here?” Ranmaru-kun asked the waiter that welcomed us. “Yes, he is in the lounge.” We are assisted to the oak door, unlike the glass door with a large troop of party animals this one only have a handful of people; sitting like socialites in a 7 star restaurant. I spotted Camus-kun in one of the seats near a grand piano, he noticed us and he waved.

“This must be the first time you enter a bar since you wake up, Kisaragi.” He asked me and I nod. “Its on me, you can order anything.” He smiled at me, he sounds like he is teasing Ranmaru-kun. “I’ll be in the wild area okay.” “Limit yourself for around 2-3 bottles of beer.” “Yeah yeah.” Me and Camus-kun are left in the table, I ordered whiskey with water.

“Do you always go here with him?” “When I am in a mood to drive.” I chuckled, it means his partner gets too drunk to drive so he needs to do it. “It’s always like this. He asks me to go treat him to a bar and then he will not say anything.” Camus-kun sways his wine glass. “He didn’t say anything?” “One time, he is too drunk and while we are waiting to be more sober to drive.”

“He told me everything. His family’s business got financial problem so it is bought by another owner. His father had a large amount of debt in the bank so they have to move.” He refilled his glass of sparkling wine. “That is very unfortunate.”

“He is rebellious even before the conglomerate faced its downfall, had friends in a bar even though he is a minor and he formed a band but in the end, they left him.” “So that’s where those words came from. “I want to put my foot forward and never step back.”

“But I don’t want him not to look back, I believe that a person’s past is their key to the future. He disregards the existence of his former friends. I didn’t have any friends; all of them are just trying to be close with me because the queen adores me so I want him to regain his’ or to be able to forgive them for the least.” I stood up and bumped my chest with my hand.

“I would like to help him.” He let out a smile, “Thank you.” Camus-kun called the waiter to ask how many bottles did Ranmaru-kun take, he replied with his fingers that symbols for three, “He will be here soon, please convince him Kisaragi.” I gave him a hard nod, Ranmaru-kun entered the door and sat beside me.

It had been impossible to reach this point if you hadn’t gone into that state.”  I uttered the same words he spoke to me. Ranmaru-kun stopped drinking and looked at me. “I still remember those words. Why don’t you give them another chance?” he frowned. “You will not be in this situation if that didn’t happen right?” I held his hand, “Let’s talk to them.” I smiled to the two of them; Camus-kun stared at the bottle of liquor on the table. Ranmaru-kun nods a number of times and stared at me. Reiji arrived and we decided to close the night, I rode on Reiji’s car while Camus-kun drove the motorcycle hanging behind him is Ranmaru-kun.

After a week, I arranged a shabu-shabu dinner for him and his “former friends” but I am bothered he forgets his goal so I decided to join them. “Hello, I am Aine. Ranmaru-kun will be a bit late because his taping got extended. I hope you can wait for him.” I welcomed them in the traditional Japanese restaurant; we sat on the reserved room while the attendants prepare our meal.

“What is your connection with Kurosaki?” They asked me and I just smiled. The door opened and HE entered. “Sorry, I am late.” He sipped water from the bottle he is holding. “Could we eat first? I am dying of hunger.” He looked at me, I chuckled and nod. “Okay.”

After the meal, “I want this to be fast.” He stared at his friends and suddenly bends down. “Hey! What are you doing punkster?” they stood up from their seats. “Stop this! Are you out of your mind? Didn’t you forget it is us that left you?” He lifts his head. “I want to thank you. I owe everything I have now to the three of you. Thank you.” The three exchanged glances at each other.

“Thank you for forgiving us. We had been villainous but you still…” They bowed their head. “Nah, we are friends right?” he smiled at them and they laughed. “Yep.” I settled the bill on the counter, when I came back they are chatting about Ranmaru-kun’s cats and anything random. “Are you ready to go home people?” I felt bad disturbing them but we will definitely have an earful from Reiji if we don’t go home right now.

 We waved each others goodbye. I rode in Ranmaru-kun’s motorcycle again and we came back to the high end tavern. The three is sitting on a corner, “Is it okay for Ai-kun to enter a bar?” “We bring him but he doesn’t drink alcohol.” “I like their orange juice here.” We giggled.

I had gone to the wild area with Reiji and Ranmaru-kun, we partied all night; well we let Ai-kun and Myu-kun go home first because Ai-kun is now attending school. He really hate the idea at first but I guess he discovered something new there so now he looks forward to it.

♥♪♫♪♫♪♫♥