Yearning for an angel

Days have passed since the quartet we know is now a trio. Two days before Ai-chan’s birthday, they are still not doing anything; Rei-chan is always looking to nothing, Ran-chan punched the producer of a show and Baron he is normal.

I dropped by his room, Cesshi said that it is his day off. “Baron, I brought you Darjeeling tea and strawberry shortcake.” He opened the door and let me in, looks like he is reading Ai-chan’s letter. “How was your letter?”

We sat on the sofa, Jinguuji will ask things to me again. “I had gone to professor’s laboratory last night. He didn’t let me enter nor see Mikaze.” I took a bite from the cake, it tastes different.

“I am waiting to see you drop a tear or a rant, Baron.” “I can’t… no. I won’t.”

“Mikaze will be disappointed.” I showed him my letter, it have 3 pages in it. Mikaze wrote everything that he is thinking before this situation occurred.

“I don’t feel normal these days; my mind is floating to somewhere else. I know I have to go but I don’t want to. I would like to ask them to give me more time but it will be SELFISH of me. I wonder if Aine-san feels the same. I know Reiji will be happier with him coming back; I am JUST a temporary replacement for him. I am released from the laboratory to fulfill the Kisaragi project but I think it hurts. It hurts that it ends here, but Thank you.”

The first page hit me like a meteorite that targeted me. I hate it. It pains me being in this kind of situation. The second page tore me apart.

Things that I wish I had done.

1. I wish I had watched the movie version of the anime me and Camus likes.

2. I wish I went to Takeshita Street and Akibahara with only myself.

3. I wish I at least had a chance to greet the grandmother that owns the café me and Camus loves to go to.

4. I wish I can study and become a music teacher when I retire.

5..6…9…12…14..15….Last but not the least                                        

16. I wish I can be HUMAN, so I can be allowed to live my life the way I want it. Even just for a day, I want to know how to feel, to be able to believe and to be happy.

I don’t know what kind of expression Baron should see, who am I, to ask him that question. I should not have done it. I put down the letter, a gust of wind suddenly passed us and make flight the two pages of the letter. The last page left in the table has one sentence.

“Let’s watch the Cherry blossoms dancing in spring, the swaying sunflowers in summer, and the trees in the shades of red in fall lastly maybe ice skate in winter.” “Ai♥QuartetNight”

If I am him, I might have died in hurt, but he is just sitting there. “I wonder if MUSES will bring him back.” The only thing that can resolve this is a prayer; Cesshi said if the goddess of music will be satisfied she will answer any desire.

“Earl-sama, can we talk?” Ran-chan enters the room without knocking. “I said to you, knock first. That’s why Mikaze is so ragged,..” Baron scolds him, he goes out. Ok Ran-chan is not mad isn’t he? Someone knocked on the door. “Yes?” “Can I talk to you for a sec?” “Ok, you can now enter. What is the issue we need to talk about?”

Ran-chan sat beside me, “It’s weird that you are not scolding me in making a riot.” “I don’t think I need to. I have to thank you, you did that so the focus on Mikaze will be diverted to you right?”