Chapter 11//Sneaky, Sneaky Snakeu

He woke up with another hangover. A throbbing headache was customary when he'd gone on a drinking binge that he couldn't remember, so he wasn't too concerned about it.

  With a groan, he dragged himself out of bed and eventually he went to the kitchen for some coffee.

  Jimin was sitting at the table eating breakfast. He looked at Hoseok askance when he walked in. Jimin was a delightful person to share an apartment with, but one thing Hoseok found annoying about his housemate was Jimin's disapproving look. Things were usually light-hearted between the two of them, but every time Hoseok woke up with a hangover, Jimin gave him his signature disapproving look. Hoseok just tried to ignore it.

  Once he sat down with his coffee he couldn't take the awkward silence anymore.

  "What? What's your problem?"

  Jimin squared his shoulders and Hoseok started to worry something had happened the night before. He hoped he hadn't fought with Jimin or with anyone else for that matter.

  "Do you not recall getting drunk and disturbing the peace of a private establishment? Or ruining Hana's Friday night?" Jimin's tone was cold and his gaze was calculated, and Hoseok could tell that the younger man was extremely angry.

  "What?" Hoseok spoke quietly, growing more bewildered and afraid of what he'd done the night before as Jimin continued to stare him down.

"Last night, Hana found you in the bar, too drunk to take care of yourself. Her date helped her get you home. She said you caused a scene." Jimin spoke in a matter of fact tone, he frowned when he finished, but Hoseok didn't notice.

  Hoseok put his head in his hands, ashamed of his behavior. The night before had now come flooding back to him. He remembered ordering his drinks. He remembered getting drunk. Once the bartender had told him to stop, he'd gotten, well, out of hand. Then Hana had shown up. She had been on a date, and he had cut it short with his antics. She had asked her date to help him home. Hoseok also remembered the rude things he had said to her date, Bong Bong? Or maybe his name was Bong Ji? Hoseok didn't care too much about inconveniencing the guy, maybe he'd wouldn't ask Hana on another date.

  However, he knew his actions would have really hurt Hana. That to him was an unforgivable sin. So even though he had little remorse for Bong whatever-his-name-was, he had ruined her night.

  He had been awful.

  He felt so bad for dragging her into this yet again. It was bad enough that he couldn't control himself, to him the fact that he was harming others too was worse than his lack of self-control though. He hated hurting the people he cared about, or people in general.

 But especially her.

  That was why he'd put so much distance between the two of them. Hurting her was the last thing he wanted to do, so he had been trying to stay away. He reasoned that if he kept his mess far away from her, she wouldn't get caught up into it too.

  Last night he had done the very thing he'd tried not to.

  He'd inconvenienced her.

  He'd hurt her.

  He'd brought his mess right to her.

  Hoseok groaned as his friend stared at him wordlessly.

  "I need to go and apologize." Jimin just nodded in agreement before standing up and walking into his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

  After he'd finished his coffee and breakfast he got ready to go.

  It took two hours to find her favorite flowers and her favorite takeout restaurant was incredibly crowded, but he didn't flinch at the tasks.

  They were crucial to the apology. So what if he was a little inconvenienced in trying to make it up to her?

  Then there had been actually going to her house. She hadn't let him in.

  In fact, she had made him wait at the door for hours. Again though, Hoseok didn't complain. He deserved this.

  But it still hurt. She could be so petty sometimes.

  However, he still sat and waited. He knew eventually she would open the door.

  When she did open the door he wished she'd done it with some warning though. He hit his head as she pulled the door open abruptly. Her amusement at his accident didn't escape his notice either.

  She had let him in though, and now he could apologize.

  And apologize he did. Hoseok apologized to Hana for ruining her Friday night.

  He apologized for causing a scene in the bar.

  He apologized for being so irresponsible.

Relief had flooded through him when she had accepted his apologies.

  Hoseok knew he didn't deserve her forgiveness, but he was grateful for it regardless. Even though he was trying to keep his distance, he couldn't bear her resentment.

  She meant too much to him.

  That's why he decided to "accompany" her on the date.

  Hoseok was concerned, to say the least. He was concerned that this Bong Ki was some punk trying to take advantage of his naïve friend.

  Hana was independent and resourceful. She was fiery and she worked hard. She was strong.

  She was compassionate and kind and tried to find the best in people. He had always admired the beautiful qualities she embodied.

  However, Hoseok knew that her beauty could easily be taken advantage of.

  He would die before he would let any man hurt her.

  No, that man would die before he got the chance to hurt her. Hoseok would ensure that.

   He knew he was protective, but he'd always been this way. He didn't know how to be any other way.

  And in all honesty, Hoseok plainly couldn't bear the thought of her going on a date.

It surprised him slightly that Hana was even going on a date so spontaneously. She had never been the kind to date often, and she was generally wary of strange men that she didn't know very well.

Then again, Bing Ki was one of her coworkers.

It struck Hoseok that he couldn't really be considered a stranger.

That didn't help convince him to stay out of it though.

  The thought of Bong Ki putting his arm around her as they watched the movie made a fire burn inside of him, even though he wouldn't admit that to Hana.

  "Chaperoning" posed the perfect solution to his problems. He could make sure Hana was safe, and maybe he could work out the mystery feelings causing the fire inside of him.

  He could kill two birds with one stone.

A/N:

I realize the cover Pic of this chapter doesn't really match, but like Jimin and Hoseok's friendship is so cute to me uwu

Also happy birthday Hoseok! I love you so much 💜

(Edited July 2019)

*Novi*