Chapter 20//Sister

A/N:  This chapter contains instances of trauma effects due to sexual harassment and abuse that may be upsetting. If you would rather, feel free to skip over these parts.

******

   One other person knew Hana's key code, besides her landlord of course.
   That person was her sister.

   Well, she wasn't technically Hana's sister, but the two of them had grown up together and were close like sisters.

   The reason Hana had given her the code was so that she could take care of her plants and mail whenever she went on trips.

   However, Hana regretted giving her the code as she now stood over her bed, commanding her to get up.

******
   Jin Myung had grown tired of getting Hana's voicemail.
   It wasn't common for Hana to not answer her phone when her family and closest friends called.
   It wasn't normal for her to call in sick for work.
   Jin Myung had known something was off right away.
   When Hoseok had called her, concerned, she knew that she need to go over. He had mentioned that the two of them had argued, though he hadn't said about what. He told her that Hana's parents couldn't get her to pick up the phone and they had revealed she hadn't shown up to work.

   Everyone was worried.

   As she had walked into her apartment after unlocking the door, the gloom of the rooms only added to her apprehension. She felt a sense of relief though when she found her friend asleep in her bed. Some of her fears were put to rest, but not all of them.
   Jin Myung sighed, the only thing to do was to confront Hana about the remaining fears.

******

   Jin Myung didn't take Hana's muffled refusals as a cue to stop.
   Instead, she pulled her up by the arm and yanked the grey comforter off of the bed and onto the floor.
   "HEY!" Frustrated, Hana tried to take the blanket back, but to no avail.

   "Hey yourself!" Jin Myung gave Hana a look of stubborn disappointment as she gripped the blanket tightly. "You have to get up." Her look softened into one of concern after a moment. "We were all worried about you. I was worried about you Hana."

   Hana flopped back down and rolled over.

   "Well you shouldn't be, I'm fine. I'm just sick." The pillows muffled Hana's words slightly, but not enough to render her inaudible. Jin Myung rolled her eyes and pulled her long black hair into a ponytail. She knew her work was cut out for her.

   "Is that why you haven't you left the house since Tuesday?" Hana could sense Jin Myungs growing impatience, but she continued to push it. "And if you're so sick, why didn't you call me or, or Hoseok to help take care of you?" 
    Jin Myung sighed when Hana provided no answer.

   After another moment's silence, she plopped down onto the bed, her back facing away from Hana. "Hana, what is wrong?" When Hana remained silent, Jin Myung laid back. Now her head was resting on Hana's arm. "Hey." Hana clenched her eyes shut, knowing that Jin Myung could get to the root of what was going on. Hana didn't want her to.

   After a few more minutes of silence, Jin Myung stood back up.
   "Well, I'm going to go and make breakfast." Hana thought she'd walked out of the room, so she sat up. In a moment she returned to the doorway though, startling Hana. "Go take a shower. It'll help." With a small smile and a nod, she walked away.
   Hana nodded even though she could no longer see her. It was only a shower after all.

******

   Once Hana had showered and changed into a fresh pair of pajamas, she walked out to the kitchen.
   Jin Myung was standing at the stove, finishing up breakfast.
  She gave a small smile as Hana came in and poured herself a cup of coffee, which she thanked her for brewing.