Bonus Chapter

Broken Vase (Bonus)

  Things were progressing, changing in a positive way. Hoseok was recovering. Hana was growing and finding better ways to deal with her anxiety.

    However, one point of anxiety was still lying constantly with Hana. Something she had left unresolved. She didn't feel like she had been fair to this person or been fair in their situation.

    Her nervous habits began to manifest more as she was consumed with worry. Hana didn't tell Hoseok or Jin Myung about the concern and the anxiety it was causing her, but both of them noticed her behaviors.

    One day, Hoseok couldn't stand the suspense anymore.

    "Cutie, you're biting your nails again. What's on your mind?" His tone carried slight concern, and Hana's heartbeat quickened at the Confrontation. He placed his hand on her arm, trying to calm her.

    "Um, it's fine. It's nothing." She quickly dropped her hands to her lap and began to subconsciously wring them. Hoseok shook his head at her cruddy response. Hana's mind began to panic, but she calmed as he placed his hand on hers and rubbed her thumb with his.

    "Hana, we both know that's not true." He bit his lip. "We both promised to be more honest with one another." Hana knew this, and she nodded her head. Then she quickly blurted out what she was thinking, afraid that if she waited she'd remain silent.

  "It's Bong Ki." Hana didn't notice Hoseok tense slightly at the name and narrow his eyes. "It's just that I feel as if I was unfair to him. The two dates we went on were disasters. And then I was so preoccupied with my worry for you that I never rescheduled." She swallowed, "And then I basically disappeared and didn't answer any of his calls or messages." Hana intertwined her fingers with Hoseok's before she continued. "Then I dropped him for this other random guy." Both of them smiled slightly at her words. "I just, I feel bad."

    Hoseok nodded and a few moments passed before he spoke again. "I see how that could make you worry. I think maybe you could talk it out with Bong Ki." His tone turned reluctant as he continued, "He really does seem like a genuinely kind and understanding guy." She murmured her agreeance. "Just, don't feel guilty my love." Hana bit her lip and nodded her head. Both she and Hoseok knew that she couldn't rest assured until she felt the issue was resolved.

    The problem in resolving it was that Hana didn't want to face Bong Ki alone. Every time she thought of it, she grew sick to her stomach because of her nervousness.

   So she begged Jin Myung to accompany her. With a lot of nagging and the bribery of coffee dates and lunches on Hana, Jin Myung agreed. She couldn't resist the offers of free food and coffee.

  Hana hadn't seen Bong Ki much at work due to his back-to-back business trips, but with his return date in mind, she prepared to ask him to meet her.

    Once she'd worked up the nerve to text him and ask him to meet, the date was set. The three of them would meet that Saturday at a local coffee shop, the Java Shop.

******

  Hana nervously tapped her foot as she sat at a table in the coffee shop, waiting for Bong Ki. Jin Myung stared out the window uninterested until she suddenly nudged Hana and whispered, "Is that him? Bong Ki?" Hana looked over in the direction Jin Myung was indicating. It was, in fact, Bong Ki, and she nodded her head to answer her friend's question. "Wow." This next statement from Jin was quiet, but Hana heard it and smiled slightly in amusement.

    Both women stood and greeted a very shy and awkward Bong Ki. Once they'd all ordered, Hana decided she didn't need to waste any more time.

    "Bong Ki, I owe you an explanation." At first, Bong Ki looked slightly taken aback at Hana's abruptness. As she continued to explain what had been transpiring in her life recently, his expression cycled through concerned, sympathetic, disappointed, and pleased. Hana began to finish while she picked at the hem of her shirt. "Hoseok and I have been pursuing a relationship together, and I just didn't want to continue that without first talking to you." Hana's heart pounded in anticipation. Bong Ki's expression was unreadable. Jin Myung continued to steal admiring glances in Bong Ki's direction.