twenty-two

Boo's POV

" So I was like, Boo! Boo. " Doyoung burst into laughter as he held onto his tummy, looking real proud at his joke.

Yedam stared at him, " Sometimes in life, people make mistakes. " He shot him a reassuring smile.

" Yeah, your parents definitely did. " Seunghun replied in his mono-tone voice, causing us to laugh so hard.

" His joke is funnier than Doyoung's! " Dahye laughed so hard, I swear snout is gonna spray out of her nostrils.

I smiled slightly as I looked at them. " Mission failed guys. " Seunghun said and Dahye smacked him on the head.

I shot them an apologetic smile, " I'm sorry guys. You guys tried cheering me up but I just can't. " I looked down at my hands again.

Dahye punched me in the arm, " You're our best friend, our job is to annoy you, bully you but be there  for you when you need us. " She smiled.

At that moment, all the memories rushed into my head and I felt like I couldn't seem to control my emotions. I just wanted to cry.

Doyoung wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his embrace. " Boona, things will be better. " I cried even harder.

I missed Kim Junkyu that jerk so much.

Junkyu's POV

I sat on the edge of the pool as I looked up at the dark sky. It's a silent night where there's not a single sound heard, not from the ruffling of trees or birds flying.

I let out a sigh.

" Hey. " I heard someone said and I looked up to see Hana looking down at me with a smile. I stood up and was about to walk off when she held my wrist.

" Can we talk? " I yanked her hand away.

She looked at me with her sincere eyes and I thought for a moment before nodding my head. We sat by the pool and she smiled.

She tapped me, " Isn't the sky so pretty? "

" Get to the point. " I said coldly and she was shocked at my tone towards her. She nodded, clearing her throat.

She gulped, " I know it may come out as a shock but I just want to say, I like you. "

At that moment I felt as if I've betrayed Boo and that's something I would never do. I stood up, " You should sleep. It's getting late. "

With that, I walked to my room and slammed the door shut behind me.

I leaned against the door as I sat down. I took out my phone and scrolled through my photo gallery where there's only memories of me and Boo, along with the rest.

A smile appeared on my face as I saw a picture of Boo sleeping. " Stupid. " I chuckled as I said softly to myself.

A teardrop rolled down my cheek and I wiped it off using the sleeves of my top. " I hope you'll find someone better. " I murmured.

Seeing pictures of Boo smiling, looking so happy made me feel bad. I'm such a bad person, I hurt her when she trusted me so much.

She deserves someone better.

I sat on my bed as I took out a box that I've placed everything inside. I named it Peekaboo, it's a memory box filled with Boo.

I opened it and I felt a gush of emotions flooding in me as I picked up the first letter.

It's a letter that Boo wrote to me when she first started crushing on me.

To: Kim JunkyuTE

i'm just kidding about the name but yet i'm being serious about it :)

Let me tell you a shocking truth, it's even more shocking than the fact that I got my wig snatched by you. I'm just kidding.

I just want to say that i'm nervous writing this but i'm trying to play it cool so please do not throw it away because that's just rude.

My hands are shaking.

MY HANDS ARE SHAKING.

I am interested in you just like how i'm interested in eating food. Maybe we can be interested in each other if you'll let me have access to your vital organ that starts with H?

Appreciate it!

Bye!

Love,
Boo ( i'm gonna be in your vital organ that starts with H, like Boo! )

I smiled seeing it. Boo sure is someone abnormal, but yet my heart belongs to someone so abnormal and I love that fact.

She did succeed in being in my vital organ that starts with H faster than I've expected.

To be truthful, when I got that confession letter I didn't know what to do. I felt like she's creepy but after observing a while, I realised she's interesting and I'm interested in her more.

I took out a picture that we took together in the photo booth on our first date.

A smile spread across my face, " You look dumb. " I said as I looked through all the pictures of Boo.

My stomach started growling and I placed everything back into the box before going downstairs to the kitchen to get some food.

After getting some food, I went back into my room where I saw Hana sitting on my bed, looking through the box.

Anger rose in me as I placed my food on the table before snatching the box away from her. " What do you think you're doing?! " I screamed. 

She flinched, " I was just curious. " She said, sounding rather afraid but I didn't care.

My voice woke our parents up and they came into the room. " What's the issue here? " My dad asked as he glared at me.

" I was just curious what's in that box so I opened it and I was about to put it back but he got mad at me for doing that. " Hana said.

My mom walked over to me, with a frown on her face. " Apologise to Hana now. " She commanded but I didn't budge.

I didn't see why I should when she's clearly at fault.

She snatched the box away from me and yanked it on the floor. My eyes widened as I kneeled down on the ground, picking up all the fallen letters and pictures.

" Why are you not moving on from her?! There's Hana who's better than her here but yet- " Before my mom could complete her sentence, I stood up with the box in my hand.

" Am I your son? " Everyone was shocked when I asked that question.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, " Mom, dad you know how much I love Boo. Why don't you guys want me to find my own happiness? Is my feelings nothing to you guys? Is money all that matters? " I felt a stinging feeling on my cheek.

" Get out and don't ever come back! Do you think she will wait for you? In your dreams! I will not care about anything related to you from now on. You can leave with Boo, all that I care! " She screamed and I walked out.

I went to the nearby park where I sat on the cold, wooden bench. I looked down at the box, all the memories inside.

I hugged it really close to me.

Maybe it's time to let go of Boo.

17th Feb 2019

:")