twenty-eight

Boo's POV

I frowned as I tried calling Junkyu's phone repeatedly but to no avail. He's not picking up, neither is he seeing my messages.

I grew even more worried than before.

Did something happen to him? I need to know about his whereabouts. I'm just extremely worried that he is in trouble.

I continued calling but this time, his phone is turned off. I decide to head over to his apartment to check on him, moreover he's living alone now so it's even more dangerous than before.

" Boona, you're heading out? " I nodded. Doyoung asked as he walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of ice cream in his hand.

He furrowed his brows, " To meet Junkyu? " I nodded and he rolled his eyes.

" Why didn't you add the hyung at the back? I thought you love him. " He rolled his eyes, as he sneered.

" I used to look up to him but he hurt you far too many times. You cried over him constantly and I can't stand that he did that to you. " He sighed.

He looked at me, " He might be someone who I look up to but certainly my sister is more important than anything. " A slight smile appeared on my face.

I walked over to him, ruffling his hair. He sneered, adjusting his hair again. " Wow, Kim Doyoung is growing up. " He scoffed but he soon burst into laughter.

" Well, got to go. " I smiled and he nodded.

" Love you! " That's the last thing I heard and replied to before the door slammed shut behind me.

I took a cab to head to Junkyu's apartment. Honestly speaking, since he's so attractive, it's hard not to have bad thoughts.

I'm not someone attractive so it would be shocking if he chose someone else over me. I know that's reality but I know if that really happen, my heart will hurt like crap.

When I got to his apartment, I knocked on the door multiple times but no one came. I looked from the side to see no sign of light. His whole house is pitch black.

I didn't give up. I kept walking back and forth till he's coming home but after waiting for more than an hour, there's no sign of him.

My stomach began grumbling. I held onto my stomach, I realised I skipped dinner to come here. I took out my wallet from my bag and realised i'm pretty much broke.

The only place I could go is the convenient store to get some food that is at the very least, edible.

Just as I was about to get to the lift, I heard some people who were waiting for the lift talking. " I heard the new neighbour Junkyu is really attractive. "

" Yeah he sure is! He seem pretty well off so I have no idea why is he living here. " The other voice replied.

" He just seem wealthy. I went to the convenient store recently and saw him working there. He even got scolded just because he's attractive. " I frowned.

Why didn't Junkyu tell me? Moreover, he is getting scolded unreasonably and I know he's not the type to act rationally so he wouldn't voice out.

I ran down the stairs and ran to the convenient store nearby. I pushed open the door, " Welcome. " I looked up to see an unknown stranger.

Where is Junkyu?

I need to see him.

" Do you think just because you're attractive, you can expect me to pay you in advance? " A voice screamed.

" Well, sure. I can, if you crawl on the floor and bark like a dog, maybe I'll pay you. " Anger rose in me as I stormed towards the voice.

I pushed open the door that reads, Manager on the door sign. There, before me I saw the guy who i love a lot crawling on the floor.

He turned to look at me, wide-eyed. " Get up! " I screamed. The manager stood up, he seem pretty surprised by my appearance.

" How dare you abuse your power? do you think he doesn't have feelings? Let me tell you, i'm going to report you so fight me, bush. " I raised my voice.

" Who are you to come in here? Get out! " He screamed at me, pointing towards the door.

I scoffed, " I'm Kim Junkyu's girlfriend. You have no rights to treat him like a dog! " I screamed and his god damn manager smirked.

" Oh, I see. How do you feel seeing your pathetic little boyfriend begging me for money? " Due to my rational self, I slapped him before stomping onto his feet.

I dragged Junkyu out before his ex manager have the time to react. Did I say ex? Yes I did, because there's no way I can let Junkyu continue working at this poop place.

Junkyu just kept quiet as we walked through the dark street. " I'm sorry. " He said and I stopped walking.

" Why didn't you tell me? " He turned to face me.

" Why didn't you tell me that you're working here and that you're short of money? I can help you! " I raised my voice and he simply smiled.

He took a deep breath, " I'm the one who swear to take good care of you and to let you be happy. I can't break my promise with myself and let you suffer. "

Tears filled my eyes, " You jerk! We're supposed to face this together. Do you know how much my heart aches when I saw the way he treat you? " I punched him.

I hugged him tightly, " You did well, Junkyu. Don't let him tell you otherwise. " He caress my hair gently as I was bawling my eyes out.

My heart hurts so much knowing how much Junkyu suffered. Imagine being a wealthy guy who have everything, you became a poor guy who have to be treated like a dog to get your pay.

He really suffered too much.

" Junkyu, if there's any problem, we will face it together. I'm not going to let you face it alone. " I said and he looked at me with a smile.

He pinched my cheek slightly, " Dumbo. I really really love you. " He grinned, showing his slight dimple on his cheek.

" I love me too. "

With that, I closed the gap between us.

17th March 2019

i'm in malaysiaaa but i'm leaving today D: