Chapter 3: Love Interest

Chapter 3: Love interest

Marci Bell

I was drowning in multiple contracts that needed to be handed to my boss in less than three hours. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down my nerves. I tend to become frustrated which messes with my work pace. I didn't want to be behind because I rather not get scolded by Mr.Johnson anytime soon. Straightening up the work area was my first priority before beginning the next task. I hate being disorganized, because it makes my head spin, and I'm a perfectionist which is the icing on top. I ran my fingers through my hair making it a little messy. Placing numerous papers on top of one of the countless stacks that occupied my desk. Glancing at the time that currently held my life in its hands, as I anxiously waited for lunch.

Over the past few days, I could see a couple of grey strips of hair coming in. I could barely count the number of faints I had on two hands, but after a quick trip to my stylist I was good as new. I couldn't dare show up at work with a full head of grey especially with me being associated to the new CEO of J & J Incorporated. Sighing to myself I neatly placed the papers in their folders before slowly rotating my neck. After, I got out of my seat and carried the folders into my boss's office. I smiled at him while walking up towards him handing them to him. I heard a low 'thank you' from him before shutting his office door and gathering my items straightening up my desk before heading out for lunch. Putting on my coat I stepped out of the silver doored building, but as soon as I turned the corner I tripped over my own feet stumbling forward.

I let out a small scream waiting for my face to come in contact with the concrete. My eyes were closed tightly, but instead of feeling the cold, hard ground I felt something soft, and warm. A low, laugh filled my ears causing a bubbly feeling to spread throughout my lower body. Looking up I stared into a pair of forest,green eyes hypnotizing me."Well this isn't awkward at all." The male sarcastically said making me suddenly aware of my surroundings. I quickly backed away from the man while my cheeks took on a shade of crimson. "I am really sorry for that mister..." I shyly spoke not taking my eyes away from his. "No harm done, I'm Jason. Are you on your way from lunch?" He questioned me.

I gazed at his face not taking my eyes away from his lips as his tongue traced it over them making them slightly moist. I shook my head snapping out of my daydream moving my eyes from his mouth, up to his eyes. "Marci, and no actually um I'm on my way to lunch." As if for only a second I thought I'd seen him eyeing my lips, but I quickly removed that thought from my mind. He slowly nodded as if he was considering his options. He opened his mouth before closing it soon after, I could tell he wanted to speak, but seemed at war with his conscious. "Would you like to join me Mister Jason?" I asked teasingly. He looked me in the eyes smiling. He nodded moving out the way so I could walk past him, we headed to the Chipotle that was closest to mt job.

We conversed among one another trying to keep a steady conversation going. He made me laugh, smile, and even got me out of my comfort zone quicker than any other stranger did. I couldn't remember the last time I'd willingly laughed at a joke so freely, and to a total stranger nonetheless. Walking into the restaurant the welcoming smell of beans, flour and salsa hits my nose causing it to twitch slightly. I never really liked the smell of salsa nor did I ever like the taste, but Chipotle had some good ass wraps and I was craving one. Taking a look at the menu I looked for my usual order my face beaming with anticipation. It was two more people in the front of me as the line slowly moved along. After, twenty minutes of listening to a child whine over not being able to get what she wanted, the mother struggling to control the spoilt brat, as the manager sternly argued with the parent about the issue, and me irritated by all three I finally got to the counter. My mood brightened automatically as the lady at the register blessed me with her smile. I ordered a chicken wrap with a sweet tea while searching my jungle of a purse for the correct change. I handed the lady twelve dollars and ten cents not forgetting to thank her before finding a two person table.

Jason came back ten minutes after sitting directly in front of me. We continued our conversation from earlier, we acted casual around each other like we've been friends since birth. I learned so much about his family, he told me how his little brother Ethan, who recently obtained a music label and stories about his cousin and him as a child. I couldn't stop laughing because every story held something worth laughing about. I finished my lunch noticing that I've only had approximately fifteen minutes left until I was supposed to be back at my desk.