Chapter 4: Competition?

Mr.Johnson

I stretched out my arms, standing up and walked to the door length window. I glanced at my wrist-watch; the time currently being one-thirty in the afternoon.

Peeking down at the sidewalks I scanned the many rushed pedestrians when my eyes locked on two still figures further down the street. It was Ms.Bell and some guy talking and they seemed really close. My thoughts blurred only focused on my assistant as her long brunette locks flowed down her back, moving here and there due to the wind. Anyone with a brain couldn't deny she was stunning, the way she maneuvered around gracefully, her soft melody like voice made her more innocent.

The first day I seen her was at the nearby cafe and at that moment I knew I wanted her. I was determined to make her mine and finding out she was my personal assistant was the icing on the cake. I stared in a daze watching the two, I know it sounds creepy but I wanted to make sure he didn't bother her in anyway. I turned around walking out my door, but not before snatching my coat off the hanger and locking my office. I told my secretary, Helen to push back all my meetings for this evening while I waited at the elevator. Hearing the ding the doors slide apart allowing me to step inside, pressing the button to the lobby the doors slid closed.

Stepping out into the winter breeze air I made my way down the street. I walked into a nearby Chipotle because I was in the mood for a chicken burrito. I went up to the counter patiently waiting behind another male, hearing his voice I felt as if I've heard it before. As if he heard me the male turned around. "Hey brother, long time no see." My face froze unable to say a single thing. I couldn't believe my eyes, the one person I've missed for years was right before me. The eldest Johnson heir stood a foot in front of me, my older brother Jason. He moved away seven years ago to pursue his dreams which is why I alone inherited the family business because he left selfishly. Something I never had the guts to do he did and never once was his promises left broken. He was my idol when I was young.

Everything him and his friends done I did. I became a miniature version of my brother, and soon enough people began to follow in my lead. If I wore gucci the next day the entire school would wear gucci. I thought I'd get my brothers attention by doing this, but instead it seemed to irritate and just urk him badly to the point he'll humiliate me in front of everyone. I thought he was just being funny, but humiliation turned into errand boy, errand boy turned into push over and it became a continuous cycle.

After awhile I found the truth of Jason's real intentions and ever since then we had despised one another. "Hi Jason, why are you back?" I questioned him keeping my neutral expression. He laughed lowly showing his devilish smirk after, ask anyone what they think about my brother you'd hear countless "Fine as fuck!" or a "He's such a angel, just a sweetheart." and last but certainly not my favorite " You should be like your older brother, Jason more." The funny thing is most comments came from my own parents.

I turned around my eyes following my brothers movement all the way to a table. Sitting down was a brunette female whom looked like my- "Wait! What the fuck!" I scrunched up my eyebrows taking in the scene before me. This asshole had his damn arm around her shoulder like he was hers. "I'd be damn if he takes what is mine." I couldn't believe my eyes, Ms.Bell sat comfortably in my brothers arms as he smirked mischievously at me knowing he hit a nerve.

My face reddened with anger as I decided to leave the restaurant and head back to work. I needed something to take my mind off of her, liking my assistant already is a dangerous line to cross. I can't afford to risk my reputation and high status just because I foolishly killed a bastard over petty shit. I could envision it now-

"CEO Johnson of J&J corps viciously attacked his own brother"

No. I could not afford to put either my assistant or my brother in that predicament. Even though he sure as hell deserved it, I just couldn't chance my assistant being labeled as a slut or gold digger due to my stupidity. I decided to play along and act as if I had not seen anything. Mainly because he still is family, but the real reason was beyond that. It wasn't like he wasn't aware of my feelings toward her and he deliberately chose to piss me off. Having feelings toward employees was already a dangerous line to cross and I was past liking Ms.Bell.
I couldn't understand him. He did things to purposely hurt me in the worst way possible, I wanted to know why he did what he did. I've been told countless times that I was good at assessing people and how the react. I can take a persons reactions and instantly find out why they did what they did and what made them take such measures. I decided I'd play along with him and act as if I hadn't seen a thing. If he wanted to make me self destruct then he is going to have to think smarter than that.

I wanted to know why he did what he did 12 years ago and what I did to deserve it. I'm not gonna acknowledge him anymore act as if I have just seen him for the first time in my life.

Luckily, getting inside my office without having to many employees come up to me was a cinch. I was able to walk down the hall to my office and lock the door unbothered. Hurrying over to the tainted window I looked down just in time to notice two figures walking into the building. I took off my coat walking to the hanger throwing the heavy material on the rack. Settling down I began finishing up some files for the day.

A note left by my secretary on my desktop stated of my 1:45 meeting moved back and now set for 3:15. I crumpled the sticky note tossing it in the nearest bin. Leaning backwards in the chair with my hands intertwined together and resting on my lap calmly, allowed me a moment to think. It took awhile to keep my mind from retreating back to today's earlier moment, but soon I was able to focus on More important matters, my business.

As the youngest CEO to ever govern this company I receive many doubts and a lot of elderly businessmen and women underestimate my abilities. Which is why I work hard in order to prove them wrong and basically show I didn't just get here by being a push over and because I was the next in line to obtain ownership. No, not even close. I didn't want my blood, sweat, and tears I shedded to go down the drain. I'll be damn if she's the sole reason I break, the sole reason I become weak.