Ch. 5 ~Let's try this again~

(Helloooooooo everyone! Yes I'm alive! 8,DD I'm so so sorry about the long hiatus and how I basically just dropped this story for awhile but I've been having the WORST writer's block ever QwQ I honestly still have it alittle but maybe once I get into the swing of this I'll figure something out. Anywho, it's nice to be back and hooray new story cover and not that cringey drawing I made! 8,V (And yes I edited the cover myself with this fancy app I got recently UwU Looks pretty good so far! :D) Alright sorry I'm rambling. Enjoy! 8D)

You finally make it back to the apartment in record time, and thankfully neither Millie or Sophie are home so that gives you the chance to do whatever you want.

So what do you do?

First, you lumber to your room, pull off your uniform and slip on your pajamas, then flop onto your bed, where you finally just break right there and start crying hysterically into the pillow that you're clinging to. You hate this, you wish you'd never taken the job.

Childhood memories be damned, you don't want to go another night of risking your life for just a little money. What can you do though? You've already put everything you got into this job, you can't just back out now. You know that, yet you can't help but think that you'd actually rather be in a cubicle job right now instead of this nightmarish mess you've gotten yourself into.

You lift your head up and continue to sniffle some, trying to think of what you can do to fix this. Maybe you can ask to switch over to the day shift? That does sound nice, but that would also mean giving the night shift over to some other poor unfortunate soul to deal with.

You don't want that, to give someone else your job right now would be the equivalent of basically murdering someone, and even if they do survive they're scarred for life afterwards. You shake your head, no you couldn't possibly do that to someone, not even if it was your worst enemy. No one deserves that kind of treatment.

A shaky sigh leaves you, you're stuck. Stuck with this job.

No...

This burden, and you don't have the slightest idea of what to do. You can't tell anyone, you'll be labeled as crazy. You can't pass it on to someone else, they'll die. You shed some more tears before you end up crying yourself to sleep.

Your eyes open only to find you're no longer in your room anymore... It's just this pitch black void of nothingness that stretches on forever. You look around petrified, about to try and wake yourself up seeing as this could be another nightmare, until you notice a light. Against your better judgement you cautiously walk over to it, upon getting closer you notice... It's that yellow Freddy again... But a plush.

You get down on your knees to have a better look at it, when suddenly it moves it's head and looks at you, it's black and white eyes blink owlishly at you. It then wiggles it's little arms in your direction, almost as if it wants you to pick it up. Having to admit it's pretty adorable you give in and gently grasp the stuffed toy and pull it to your chest.

And before you know it you're crying again, you then feel the plush start to shimmy around a bit, causing you to look down and see it's looking up at you with sad eyes, and it's small arms move like it's trying it's best to hug you back. This tiny display only makes you crumble more and bury your face into the golden bear's hat. However, you stop shuddering and quiet your sobs a little when you hear a voice, it sounds like a male but it's gentle and soft spoken, almost like it's trying to not scare you.

"I'm sorry you're going through this, but you have to give them a chance."

You look around, trying to pinpoint where the voice is coming from but no luck, it sounds like it's being spoken from everywhere in the darkness. You sniffle, "Them? You... Do you mean the animatronics at Freddy's?" You feel the bear shake it's head yes, the voice continues. "I know they didn't give the best introduction but they need help... All they wanted to do was prove to others what was there." With a wipe of your eyes you shake your head, "I can't, they'll kill me that's all they wanna do. And what do you mean by them proving to others? Prove what?"