Ch. 7 ~The Dreams Of A Guilty Conscious~

(Hi everyone! I'm alive and surprised because my Lord has time flown by! A whole year, gone. I also wanna apologize for this story just halting where it is, and I'm sure I'm sounding like a broken record right now, but really I'm very sorry about this not getting updated often. So in advance for that, I give you this, a late Christmas and New Year's gift lol! Which by the way I hope you all had a wonderful time during the holidays!)

Memories.

Some of them good, and some of them bad, and others just funny. All of these wove together in his dream like one big quilt, and Zak happily hung on to each of them as he sleeps peacefully, for once. All of this, because of you.

Because you somehow managed to stick around, even after the nights of him and the others trying to murder you, and was able to help them unlock what was lost to them for so long.

Granted they were still stuck in their animatronic prisons, but they were now able to remember who they were before. They know who they are now. And Zak can't thank you enough for that, he hasn't gotten the chance yet but he will, or at least he hopes, but for now he just continues to sleep and let the memories run rampant.

However, with every good dream there's also gonna be a few nightmares when one sleeps. So what started out as fond memories, and maybe bits and pieces of you in there somewhere, end up becoming...

Something else.

His eyes slowly open before he looks around with confusion, it's dark in the main area but he manages to make out some of the tables that were in front of the stage, and the party supplies that sat on top of the colorful tablecloth. Zak blinks, still confused by what could've woken him up, then turns his head to look at Billy, only to find he's asleep still, so he looks towards his other side and sees Jay is also still out.

He was about to move off the stage and go check on Aaron until he realizes... He can't move, he can only blink and move his head left and right. And upon further attempts to try and break free he finds out he can't speak either, his mouth won't open, he starts to feel himself get a little uneasy now. And also question if he's even really awake or not.

Said question is answered for him when the entire room suddenly shifts as sunlight begins to quickly seep in through the glass doors and windows right before his eyes. It's at this point Zak starts to wonder if this is perhaps sleep paralysis, which he's never had before, so he has no idea how to stop it.

His thoughts are interrupted however, when he hears the entrance doors open with a small chime followed by footsteps, talking, and some whistling.

Zak turns his head towards the sounds, which was extremely slow for some reason, no matter how much force he put into it, and sees a group of men holding cameras. His eyes suddenly go wide when he realizes...

It's him... And the guys. Before they were...

Immediately, Zak starts to see where this is going, he's watching what happened that day, but from a different perspective. Where everything went so horribly wrong.

He tries to shake himself free again, but it's futile like the last attempt. Everything was weighed down, including his mouth, preventing him from moving or speaking.

He was trapped.

In a body that wasn't even his...

He can only watch himself and the guys look around before he hears the doors again and sees Howard walk in, and later Mike, he's unable to make out most of what's being said for a moment.