Ch. 6 ~A Moment Of Reflection And Hope~

(Hhhhh I don't know why but I felt the need to draw these two side by side, no matter how bad it looks, just something funny I guess? X'D Zak stop being mean to... Yourself? He doesn't know that's gonna happen to him! >8U)

The drive home felt a tad longer than usual, but maybe that was just you, you sigh as you continue to watch the long stretch of road ahead, while trying to ignore the massive headache you have. Once you finally make it back to the apartment you trudge into the bathroom, thinking a hot shower will provide a little comfort for your aching body. 

You grab some towels and are about to shuck off your clothing when you notice your neck, bright red and heavily bruised. You continue to stare at your reflection, trying to think of some way to hide it but really your mind just travels back to the moment it happened, falling to the floor and looking up at a poor, broken soul who was just simply scared and confused and wanted to find a way out.

Those bright blue eyes looking between you and his friends, not knowing what to say he's so full of shame. How he slightly curled up in himself, you could remember seeing he fought hard against it, he wanted to keep up the image that he was strong even though deep down he knew he wasn't, and asked you in that defeated voice, you'll never forget it. 

"You didn't do it... Did you?..."

No, you honestly can't find it in yourself to be mad at him. You can however find a perfectly good reason to be furious with the person that actually did this to them. Sharing their pain, that's the least you can do for them right now.

You finally break your gaze away from the mirror and continue to undress before hopping into the shower, where you spend the good portion of about an hour or so before finally cleaning up and stepping out, you then get dressed and collapse on the couch in the living room and just lie there. You felt like you could sleep but at the same time you felt wide awake, so you decide to just channel surf for the remainder of the day, while the back of your mind continues to plan how you can help them. 

Then there's the topic of hiding your injuries from Millie and Sophie, oh yes you almost forgot about that. You could try to cover it with makeup, but that would already raise suspicion for them since you hardly ever where makeup, plus you're terrible at applying it.

So scratch that, maybe an extra layer of clothes then? That could work, you tend to wear extra warm clothes a lot anyway so that shouldn't raise any suspicion. However you can only wear so many hoodies and sweatshirts before they'll eventually begin to notice, especially Sophie, for as long as you can remember, you nor Millie have ever been able to hide anything from her, both of you still have no idea how she does it, but she does it very well.

Then... How about the truth? Tell them what's been happening and if they don't believe you then just bring them to Fazbear's at night. Of course you're sure they'll believe you, Millie certainly would, but then again you kinda wanna wait a bit longer before going down that route. Since the truth is still pretty new to you, and you'd have no idea how to explain it to them.

Immediately you're off the couch and throwing on a hoodie before going and sitting down again, while praying they don't notice right away, then continue to channel surf. Until, as if by some out of this world coincidence, you stumble upon a Ghost Adventures episode. And it just so happens to be one of your favorites, where they're in Tombstone. You sit up a little straighter and continue to watch with a huge grin on your face. 

Cause my my you've seem to have forgotten how good Zak looks in a cowboy get up, you laugh to yourself while shaking your head slightly and continue to watch. When it hits you, maybe showing them some of the episodes they did will help jog their memory a little more. And if their memory is brought back then maybe it'll help bring about who did this to them.