~Chapter 1~

Marco and Jackie reached the abandoned building, they had been running from the monsters for what seemed like forever. Out of their group of friends and families, they were the only ones who survived the attack and were grateful that they had found somewhere to stay. The monsters were still lurking around and the pair didn't want to get caught by any of them and suffer the same fate as everyone else.

"Marco... It's okay," Jackie sighed sadly, "we're gonna be okay, I know we have lost a lot of people... But we have each other now, we cant be sad, we have to protect each other," Jackie tried to catch her breath.

Marco looked at the ground, his eyes filling with tears as the news hit him, everyone was gone... They were on their own now, but Jackie was partially right, they had to look out for each other, but he couldn't help but be sad.

They entered the building sheepishly and looked around, it was surprisingly large and Marco was shocked that no one had come here for safety yet...

"Who are you?" the shout of a young girl could be heard, her silhouette could just about be seen in the darkness.

"Were no threat to you, we're just looking for a place to stay," Jackie answered her.

"You shouldn't be here..." the girl stepped into the light, showing herself, she had long blonde hair that just about reached her waist and was clutching a small pocket knife.

Choice A- "Neither should you."

Choice B- "we're in the same boat here, we're just looking for somewhere to stay. What's your name?"

If you choose Choice A, please read this-

"Neither should you," Marco snapped back, the girl was taken aback by his sudden burst of anger.

"Actually, I was here first and no one else is here so I have all the right to be here, unlike you..."

"Listen, we are all in the same situation here, and its better that we stick together, so if you will let us stay here with you, then you can join our group, we can help each other," Jackie spoke up, the girls expression softened.

The girl sighed, "what are your names?"

"I'm Marco, and this is Jackie, and you are?" Marco stepped closer to where to where she was standing, causing her to flinch and tighten her grip around the knife.

"Star, Star Butterfly."

"If you could put that away, it would be appreciated," Jackie beckoned towards the knife and she slipped it into her back pocket.

Marco smiled at Star, and she returned it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you choose Choice B, please read this-

"We're in the same boat here, we're just looking for somewhere to stay. What's your name?"

"What's yours?" she loosened her grip on her weapon.

"Marco Diaz, and this is Jackie."

Marco stepped closer to the girl and held out his hand for her to shake it, she took one hand from around the knife and shook his hand reluctantly.

"Star, Star Butterfly, it's nice to meet you... I guess..."

Jackie sighed, "can you please put that weapon away now, Star, you don't need to be afraid of us, we are just trying to survive. Just like you are."

Star tucked the knife into her back pocket and smiled at Marco, who happily returned it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what choice you picked, continue reading here-

"I would show you around, but I've actually just only arrived here myself," Star sighed and opened a door to a room which looked like Marco's living room at home.

All the chairs were dusty and the place looked pretty old, like no one had lived here for a long time...