~Chapter 4~

The morning came fast, and before they knew it, the trio were sitting in the living room, debating about what they were going to do next.
"We should definitely go out and find food," Star suggested.
"But what about the monsters, we have no idea what to do about them," Jackie sighed sadly, "we don't even know who else is alive."
"We will have do learn how to deal with the monsters, we'll die if we don't!" Star said, determined to get her point across.
"We can't go out there, not yet, we can last for a while without eating," Jackie shook her head.
"No we can't! It's better to start looking now!" Star was starting to get frustrated.
"What will we even eat if we go out there?" Jackie said calmly.
"I don't know, there has to be rabbits or something?"
"And how will we catch a rabbit?" Jackie rolled her eyes.
"I know how," Star said smugly.
"What about after you catch it?"
"We cook it and eat it," Star shrugged.
"I don't want to be around when you cook it," Jackie shuddered at the thought.
"You don't have to be."
"Okay then, I will go out today, Jackie is staying here, Marco what are you doing?" Star stood up.

Choice A- Go out and hunt for food with Star.
Choice B- Stay with Jackie.

If you choose Choice A, please read this-
"I'll help Star, food is important," Marco nodded.
"Fine then," Jackie huffed.
"Great," Star smiled at Marco and turned to leave.
"See you later, Jackie," Marco waved awkwardly to Jackie and rushed to meet Star outside.
"So then, Butterfly, where we headed?" Marco looked around, thinking of the best place to go.
"Maybe the forest?" They said simultaneously, Star blushed.
They both headed for the forest, in silence, as to not alert any of the wildlife.
"Marco, look," Star pointed at a rabbit hopping along the riverbank, she pulled out her wand and aimed it towards the animal.
"What is that?" Marco asked, looking towards the pink object in her hand.
She muttered some words and shot a pink laser-beam out of the wand, Marco's mouth dropped open in shock.
"Sorry little guy," Star sighed as she went to pick  up the animal, it was limp in her arms and it's head hung down at a funny angle.
"I think maybe we should eat berries instead," Marco suggested, staring at the poor animal.
"Maybe," Star shrugged, while creating a large backpack with her wand to store the food in.
"Is that a wand?" Marco stared in disbelief.
"Sure is," Star looked at the wand in her hand and smiled, "you'll get used to it."
There was suddenly a rustle in the trees behind them, Stars head shot up towards the noise.
"Marco," she whispered, "take this," she handed him a small pocket knife, "it's not much, but it's better than nothing."
"Thanks," Marco nodded as he took the knife, before turning to look at the source of the noise.
A large green monster emerged form the trees, it's huge nose in the air, sniffing around the area. It made eye contact with Marco, and growled.
"What the hell is that? And why is it looking at me?" Marco gulped.
"I have no idea, but I don't think it's friendly," Star stepped back, clutching her wand.
It suddenly charged towards them, Marco and Star turned around and sprinted, falling over each other until they couldn't go any further. A large stream blocked their path, it looked too deep to cross.
"Marco, we have to fight it," Star sighed and looked around for the monster.
"What? Are you crazy?"
"I think your forgetting something," Star waved her wand in Marco's face.
"Right."
Star walked forward, until they came into contact with the monster again, although it seemed angrier this time.
Star suddenly shot another beam from her wand, it hit the monster in the face, making it flinch a little. But it didn't fall down. She shot another, this time it hit the monsters chest. The monster let out an ear-piercing roar before charging at them once again.
They both thew themselves out of the way so they didn't get hit by the monster. It took a quick turn and manage to grasp onto Star's hair, pulling her over to it. It picked her off the ground, causing her to drop her wand. She struggled in the monsters grasp.
"Marco! Do something!" Star squealed as the monster squeezed her.
Marco did the first thing that came into his head and ran over to the monster, holding his pocket knife tightly. He held the knife above his head and brought it down onto the monsters foot, it roared in pain and dropped Star on the ground, allowing her to grab her wand and finish the monster off with a final blow.
"That was harder than I expected..." Star stood up, brushing herself down.
"Are you okay?" Marco asked.
"Yeah, thanks to you," Star smiled and patted Marco's shoulder.
Marco smiled proudly and then turned to head back to their 'house'.
They didn't pay attention to their surroundings until another growl could be heard from behind them, Marco sighed and turned around, only to be greeted by more monsters than he could count.
"Star," he patted Stars shoulder out of pure shock.
Star turned around and let out a small gasp, "Marco, we can't fight this one..."
Star grabbed Marco's wrist and they started to run, Marco's fingers suddenly finding themselves interlocking with Stars.
They carried on running until they were almost out of the forest, the monsters still close behind them. Star suddenly tripped over a log, but Marco stopped her from falling completely.
They ran into the house and slammed the door shut behind them.
Jackie immediately greeted them, taking notice of their hands clutching each other's and smiling sadly, "what happened out there."
Star explained everything and Jackie was speechless.
"But we got a rabbit at least," Star took her bag off and put it on the floor.
————————————————————————
If you choose Choice B please read this-

"I'd actually rather stay here, I know food is important and all, but I feel safer here," Marco sighed, "sorry Star."
"It's okay, I'll be fine," she headed out the door without saying another word.
"So Marco, now what?" Jackie asked, beckoning Marco to sit on the couch with her.
"I don't know," Marco shook his head and sat beside her.
"Star will be fine out there," Jackie tried to comfort Marco.
"I hope so, anyway, what do you think of all of this?"
"I don't even know, I want to see my parents again, and I want to know how to get rid of these monsters," Jackie shook her head, "I don't understand how they suddenly just appeared."
"I know, I want to see my parents too, but it's too dangerous yet, we'll see them soon though, don't worry," Marco sighed, "about the monsters, I'm honestly not sure about them, maybe Star can find something while she's out there?"
"I'm so glad your with me Marco," Jackie placed her hand on Marco's knee and smiled at him.
"Me too, we got lucky, finding this place, and Star," Marco returned the smile.
"Marco..." Jackie sounded upset all of a sudden.
"Yes?"
"Do you think the monsters with ever leave?" Jackie turned to stare into Marco's eyes, "do you think we will survive?"
"What are you talking about! Of course we will survive!"
"I'm sorry, I've been thinking about it all night."
"Don't worry about it Jackie, "we'll be completely fine."
Their conversation ended when the door slammed shut and Star entered the room, her forehead all bloody, and a brown bag in her hand.
"Star? What happened?" Marco asked, immediately rushing to Stars aid.
"I fell over a log, but I caught a rabbit," Star threw the bag on the ground.
"Did you see any monsters?" Jackie asked, audibly gulping.
"I saw lots, they chased me for ages, I don't know how I even made it out," Star sighed.
Marco pulled a tissue from his pocket and dabbed it on Star's forehead, trying his best to clean up the blood.
"But don't worry about it guys, at least we can eat tonight!" Star said happily.
———————————————————————
RELATIONSHIPS
You don't have to read this part, it just shows what the different characters think of you for your different choices.
If you decided to go out and hunt for food with Star-
She appreciates that you chose to help her hunt for food, and is grateful that you saved her life.
• Jackie is upset that Marco and Star held hands.
Friendship Status: Close friends

If you decided to stay with Jackie-
• Jackie feels comforted by your kind words, and is starting to feel affectionate towards Marco.
• Star is upset over her cut forehead, but glad that she managed to find food.
Friendship Status: Best friends.