~Chapter 3~

Marco, Star and Jackie all sat around the fire, feeling it's warmth. They passed around the can of beans and shared it out evenly.
"This is disgusting," Star whimpered, "they're cold..."
"It's better than nothing..." Marco replied.
Jackie rolled her eyes at the pair and shuffled closer to Marco.
"So Star, tell us about yourself," Marco smiled and turns to look at Star, ignoring the fact that Jackie was clearly trying to get his attention.
"Well," she thinks for a moment, "I came from a rich family and..." she sighs, "I really shouldn't tell you this but, I'm actually a princess, in line to be queen but that's not really happening now," she smiles weakly.
"Wow, shouldn't you have like, I don't know, guards or something?" Jackie frowned.
She shrugged "once I saw the monsters I just ran until I found this place, I don't know how to get home now."
Star pulled a small pocket knife out of her bag, "I lost my wand somewhere, so I have to use this now, it sucks but, it will have to do."
"Wand?" Marco asks in shock.
"Yeah," she pauses and thinks about what to say, "just stop asking questions, please."
"Sorry," Marco adds and then goes to throw the empty bean can away.
Marco walks back into the living room, Star was gone, but Jackie was wrapped up in a blanket beside the fire.
"Where did Star go?"
"I don't know, she just left without saying a word, I think I heard her go upstairs though."
"Thanks, I'll go and see if she's okay, I feel bad for attacking her with questions, today is probably not the best time."
"Or, you could stay here with me," she pats the empty space next to her, "it's warm..."

Choice A - Stay with Jackie.
Choice B- Go and look for Star.

If you choose Choice A please read this-

"Okay, I'll stay here with you," Marco smiled and goes to sit beside Jackie.
The fire quickly warmed him up, it was always a lot colder at night.
They sat beside each other in silence for a while until Jackie spoke up, "you know Marco, I miss how we used to be."
"What do you mean?"
"We used to be best friends, I just feel like your slowly drifting away from me, and it hurts to know I can't do anything about it," she shakes her head.
"Don't worry Jackie, no matter what happens, you will always be my best friend."
"I hope so, and now that Stars here I just can't help but feel a little..."
"Jealous?" Marco cut her off, "I've known her for like a day."
-
(If you chose to stay and help Star with the fire in chapter 2, Jackie will say this-) "And when you chose to help her instead of me earlier, that just confirmed my feelings."
-
(If you chose to help Jackie look for food in chapter 2, Jackie will say this-) "Nevermind Marco."
-
"Please don't worry about anything Jackie."
"I'll try not to, w-want to join me?" She lifts up her blanket, inviting Marco sit with her.

Choice A- Go and sit under the blanket with Jackie.
Choice B- Refuse her offer.

If you choose Choice A, please read this-

"Sure," Marco moves over and wraps himself in the blanket.
Jackie rests her head on his shoulder and Marco lays his head on hers.
"Thank you for being such a good friend Marco."
"You too, Jackie."
They both stare into the fire, listening to the satisfying crackling of the wood burning.
"It's getting late, shall we go to bed?" Jackie says suddenly.
"Yeah, we should."

If you choose Choice B, please read this-

"It's okay, I'm warm enough," Marco shakes his head.
"Oh," she looks upset for a second, and then smiles, "it's okay Marco, I'm going to bed now, I'll see you in the morning."

————————————————————————
If you choose Choice B please read this-

"Sorry but, I'd better go and look for Star," Marco shakes his head.
"Suit yourself," Jackie says in annoyance and turns to look at the fire, which had almost gone out.
Marco walks up the stairs quietly, just in case she was sleeping, he searched all the bedrooms until he found the one she was in. She was sitting in her bed, staring at the ground.
Marco enters her room sheepishly, her head shoots up as he stepped on one of the creaky floor-boards.
"Hey, Star."
"Hey, I thought you would've stayed with Jackie," Star giggles and pats the seat next to her.
"Did you want me to?"
"No, I just expected you to."
"Are you okay, I feel pretty guilty about bombarding you with questions earlier."
"It's okay, don't feel bad about it, you were just curious, that's all. But thanks for coming to check on me."
Star lay down and yawned, "I'm really tired."
"Do you want me to go?"
"No, it's okay, stay for a little while," she moves over and lets Marco lay beside her.
"Thanks for letting me and Jackie stay here with you," Marco turned on his side to face Star and smiled.
"It's okay, it's probably best to be in groups in this situation, considering we will have to go out and find food somehow."
Marco and Star lay down beside each other, both of them now facing the ceiling in silence. Marco thought about his day, and what he was going to do to survive out here. Overall, he was glad he met Star, if she really was a magical princess, she was a good person to have on his side, with the monsters roaming around.
Marco was distracted from his thoughts by a small snore from Star, he turned to look at her, she was sleeping soundly beside him.
Maybe I should leave her to sleep?

Choice A- Stay with Star for the night.
Choice B- Go and sleep in another room.

If you choose Choice A please read this-

Marco decided to stay with Star for the night, he felt comfortable around her. He pulled the blanket over them both and fell asleep.
Star awoke beside him and turned to her side, smiling at the sight of Marco beside her. She yawned and fell asleep.

If you choose Choice B please read this-

Marco decided it would be best to stay in a different room tonight, so he reluctantly got up, left the room and closed the door behind him. He noticed an empty room a few doors down from Stars, so decided to spend the night there.
————————————————————————
RELATIONSHIPS
You don't have to read this part, it just shows what the different characters think of you for your different choices.
If you decided to stay with Jackie and sit under the blanket with her,
She is happy that you stayed with her, and is certain that Marco is still her best friend.
• Friendship status- Best friends.
If you decided to stay with Jackie but refused her offer,
• She is happy that you stayed with her, however she is still unsure about her friendship with Marco.
• Friendship status - Best friends.
If you decided to go and look for Star and stayed with her for the night,
• She is grateful that you came to find her to check on her, and feels special that you decided to stay with her for the night.
• Friendship status- Friends.
If you decided to go and look for Star but went to stay in another room,
She is grateful that you came to find her to check on her.
•Friendship status- Friends.