~Chapter 5~

"Star are you sure about this?" Marco asked nervously as Star held the knife over the dead rabbit.
"I have no choice, if you want to leave, then you may," Star gulped.
Marco left Star in the kitchen with the rabbit and went to join Jackie in the living room.
"Hey Marco, I thought you were helping Star?" Jackie asked as Marco sat on the couch beside her.
"I was, but I don't want to do it anymore," Marco sighed.
"I don't blame you," Jackie gagged at the thought of being in Star's position.
Marco nodded and looked at the fire, it had completely gone out, "we need more wood, or its gonna get really cold in here."
"You're right, maybe its best if we go and get some while Star is doing her thing in the kitchen," Jackie suggested.
"I'm going to check on Star, and then we can leave," Marco said, entering the kitchen.
"Marco!" Star turned around, her hands were covered in blood, "I did it," she said breathlessly.
"That's great Star, I'm going to get some more wood for the fire with Jackie, and then we can cook it when we get back."
"Okay Marco, don't be long, I'm going to come with you to go to that river, I'm going to wash my hands and fill up these flasks, the tap is broken," Star turned on the tap, and no water came out.
"Alright," Marco lead Star and Jackie outside.
They went to the nearby forest, Jackie glancing over at Stars bloody hands every once in a while.
"I hope we don't run into any more monsters," Star gulped, looking around, "anyway, I'm going this way, the rivers down here, I'll see you guys later, be careful," Star said before walking into the trees to find the river.
"Marco? Is this good enough?" Jackie held up a small piece of wood.
"It's perfect, hold onto it, we still need more." Marco nodded and picked up a stick from the floor.
A low growl could be heard in the distance, Marco looked around, trying to find where the monster was.
"Jackie, be quiet."
"What? Marco, what was that noise?" Jackie said looking around worriedly.
Marco shushed her and pulled her into a nearby bush.
"It was a monster, be as quiet as you can, they can hear you."
Jackie's mouth dropped open as one of the monsters walked past the bush they were in, she shot Marco a shocked look and covered her mouth.
It walked past them without taking notice of the bush they were in, Marco let out the breath he was holding in.
"It's gone," Marco walked out of the bush and beckoned Jackie over to him.
"What was that?" Jackie said nervously, tears in her eyes.
"Its one of the monsters, Jackie," Marco shrugged, "its what we have to deal with now."
"Oh my god," Jackie clutched her forehead.
Marco picked up all the wood, "come on, we need more."
They collected more wood until they had enough, and they decided to go back home.
"Thank god that's over," Jackie looked around to check for any more monsters.
Suddenly, a huge roar erupted from behind them, they both turned around slowly, dropping the wood they were holding. Before they could react, the monster had already managed to get close to them, they turned to run, but it grabbed Jackie before she could escape, Marco couldn't do anything but watch as Jackie was lifted up into the air, she screamed loudly and hit the monster's fist.
Marco reacted quickly (if you decided to go with Star in the last chapter, Marco will still have the knife and will stab the monsters foot, if not, Marco will kick the monster).
The monster growled and dropped Jackie onto the floor, she groaned and grabbed her ankle in pain.
"Jackie! Get up!" Marco shouted.
Jackie got up and sprinted towards him, ignoring the pain coming from her ankle. The monster charged at them once more, this time hitting both of them, they fell onto the ground and tried to crawl away.
"Star!" Marco shouted, "we need Star!"
The monster stood above them, ready to strike. Marco closed his eyes and prepared for impact, but nothing happened, he opened his eyes to see the monster hit the ground, the earth shaking around them. Star emerged from the trees, breathing heavily and clutching her wand tightly

Choice A- Go and check on Star.

Choice B- Check on Jackie.

If you choose Choice A please read this-

Marco ran over to Star and grabbed her shoulder, "are you okay?"
"I'm fine," she said, trying to get her breath back, "I heard Jackie scream and ran all the way here."
"Thank you, Star," Marco was still shaken up from the incident.
"We should help Jackie and go back to the house, I'll put the wood in my bag," Star started to collect all the wood and shoved it into her bag.
Marco walked over to Jackie and offered his hand, Jackie ignored him and stood up on her own.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you choose Choice B please read this-

"Are you okay, Jackie?" Marco stood up and offered his hand to Jackie.
Jackie took his hand and stood up, "thanks, I'm okay."
Star picked up the pieces of wood and shoved them into her bag, not saying anything to either of them.
———————————————————————
RELATIONSHIPS
You don't have to read this part, it just shows what the different characters think of you for your different choices.
If you decided to go and check on Star then-
• Star is grateful that you came to see if she was okay.
• Jackie is annoyed that you didn't help her first.
Friendship status: Close Friends.
If you decided to check on Jackie then-
•Jackie is grateful that you helped her up.
Friendship status- Best friends.