Part 2/Love Life

So, when I first met Arontay there was no doubt, I could tell he was a player, but my dumb ass didn't care. We met in high school back in NYC. He would always look at me some type of way, the way a boy would tease you with his looks way. In the middle of the year he asked me out in the cafeteria. Yea, that's a little off, but I was young. We always hung out and went out. Everyone called us goals, and we thought so ourselves. Then, one day he hit it, and I told him we should use protection cause we're young. This nigga response was, "It's ok", it takes one time not to use protection and get pregnant.

I don't regret having my son Avondré, because he is my life, my rock, my everything. I found out I was pregnant, 2 weeks in. When I told Arontay, he broke up with me a week later, cause apparently he needs to get himself together, but when school came back up the next week this nigga was with another girl.

I would bring Avondré to school 1 time a week. He wasn't the crier type so it was all good. My 3 friends  till this day were my biggest supporters, and my English teacher was definitely one big supporter. She would always give me tips and things like that. My mom would always try to disagree with my teacher, I felt like my mom was getting jealous, because my teacher was supporting me more than my mom.

My older sister Mellie at the time was 23 and she would watch Avondré on the days I wouldn't take him to school. She's another great supporter. She has 2 kids of her own, so I get a lot of tips from her. At times I thought I was the worse mom because my child didn't have a father, but then I remember he doesn't need one he has me, and I would do anything for him. But one thing I pray about every night is that Avondré never does what his father did to me.