Baby? Baby.

The loud hiss of the bus brings my attention to the large vehicle. I clamber on and head to the back where the seats are more accommodating to the large backpack accompanying me. Yoongi waves to me as he heads to the dorms on the west side of the campus. With my parents having a bountiful income I was fortunate enough to have my own apartment a bit away from campus so not as to be restricted by the harsh curfews. Not that I am a party animal, I just prefer to do what I want and so my father agreed to pay for living in the city of Seoul, the land of opportunity.

I originally planned to be the next big idol and was even scouted for my unmatched beauty, but my heart ultimately yearned for pediatric nursing. It was a happenchance passion of mine. The school was doing orientations for the different majors when my music major self stumbled across the seminar. The ladies conducting the talk were giving the usual pros and cons of nursing when a guy a bit older than I stepped up with a little toddler perched on his hip. Immediately I decided she was the cutest thing and I needed to know what these nurse people were doing. My heart hadn't been prepared for the story that was told, the little girl, Ji Ah, had a complex illness and if it weren't for the man holding her she would not have lived. My mind was made up that day. I could sing and save myself or I could go into nursing and save the lives of children like Ji Ah.

Thinking of the cute girl a smile settles on my lips and I lean my head on the window basking in the fading daylight. I have always loved the sun on my skin and miss the days of my youth frolicking about the waves of the ocean, my family full of laughter. 

We are about two stops from my complex when I feel someone sit next to me, their bag bumping into my left leg. I lift my head and notice a young girl next to me with a baby clutched to her bosom. I can't help but watch as a tiny fist emerges from the soft blanket protecting him from the cold. He grabs at the pendant hanging from my backpack. I can't help but chuckle as little doe eyes quickly become enchanted by the jingling little Mario figurine. The girl looks hastily in my direction and blushes as she attempts to get the baby's hand away from the 'toy'.

"Oh oppa, I am so sorry. Jungkook hajima!" I can't help but chuckle at her distressed tone and seeing the little boy, Jungkook, who looked no older than 6 or 7 months, not about to let go I simply unclip the pendant and let him continue to make noises of happiness.

The young mother looks surprised and I wave my hand showing it was no big deal. "He seems to be enjoying it more than I ever could. I mean who could say no to such a cute boy." She smiles at me and I proceed to make a fool of myself by cooing and making the impressionable Jungkook giggle. Sadly my stop comes too quickly and I bid farewell to Jeon Soo-Min, the young mother who may or may not have the cutest baby. Well, not as cute as I was of course.

As soon the door clicks shut behind me I throw my backpack towards the couch and head to my small kitchen in search of the takeout Yoongi and I got the other night. Once my fine dining was arranged I settled in for dinner at my tv tray. Falling asleep quickly on the couch, as a sappy kdrama plays on through the night, I wonder how someone so young is navigating the world seemingly alone with a child complicating things.

<><><><>

"Come on, Yoongi-ya. It's Friday night, you can stay at my place and we can go get pancakes tomorrow at the diner with the fancy coffee." I can see the war on Yoongi's face as I mention coffee. However, the exhaustion pulling at his shoulders ultimately makes him want to go to his dorm. "We haven't had a night in for at least three weeks! I miss your sarcastic comments and even your cursing." The laughter that ensues cannot be helped by either of us. 

"Hyung, please let me stay tomorrow or even Sunday. I just want to sleep and so going over is pointless. I'll even help you with that math project as an apology." Yoongi uses his little cat eyes knowing I can't resist them, not since we met as nieve middle schoolers. I exhale giving in and the younger boy all but scurries away as I tell him to come over tomorrow for brunch.