Dance Dance Revolution

The call ends and I cannot believe just how things have transpired. Is Seokjin really becoming a father? When he was asleep that first morning with Jungkook I was worried about the future. Who is this child and what does this mean for the nursing major? I never expected to fall in love with the little guy as well. Jin on the other hand I knew would, seeing as he always had a soft spot for children.

I look around, disbelief still coloring my vision. My dorm room looks the same, but so different. This had been my only safe place where Yoonie could be free. Now Jin knows and I have been living with him and Jungkook acting like myself instead of hiding. Suddenly a flash of yellow flashes in my peripheral. Oh yeah, the gift from Hoseok! I meant to open it, however, things were stressful last night as Jin learned he would have to go back to the station. Little did we know just how important that phone call had been.

Due to my living in the apartment part time I haven't been to the dorm in a good while. My wardrobe has been the same random clothes I brought with me almost two weeks ago in my backpack. It was time to change it up and finish the laundry I needed to do before I left. I knew it was time to get it together so I brought all my random things with me I had accumulated at Jin's apartment so I can get it figured out. That included the pretty package.

The curiosity is killing me so I pull the marigold item from my dresser. It looks like a small box, but I have no idea what to expect. Not one for patience as Yoongi or Yoonie I begin to rip the paper. A white box quickly reveals itself, which I pull open just as fast. I stop as my eyes land on a plush sweatshirt the color of dandelions. The soft garment unfolds as I raise the item from its confines of pink tissue. It is one of the prettiest colors I have seen, making Yoonie perk up. How did he know to buy something so perfect? Once the sweatshirt had fully emerged I notice there is something else at the bottom. A little gray kitten stuffie rests in the tissue looking equal parts grumpy and soft. I feel my heart melt at the sight. A little handwritten note says his name is Meow Meow to which I can't help but let a gummy smile slip free. Hoseok really didn't have to buy me something so nice. I can't help but feel bad for being so difficult.

Hoseok has been unfortunate in that he has had to deal with the constant shift of Yoongi and Yoonie. Not to mention the dilemma with Kyuhyun. Hoseok somehow got me out of trouble, earning me nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I haven't talked to him since Seokjin found us in the hallway and I fell fully into regression so much so that I tried to keep him from leaving. He must think I am crazy or just suffer from multiple personalities. Will he ever see the real me without a predicament or accidental regression?

Sitting here my hand sub-consciously comes to rest upon my lips remembering my last encounter with the dance instructor. A rushed smashing of lips, but a kiss nonetheless. The look on his face after we broke apart continues to plague my mind. He seemed so caught off guard. Neither of us got to process what had happened though as Jin made his grand entrance.

No matter how many times I tell myself to stay away from Hoseok I can't help but cling to him even more so. Luckily the semester is basically halfway through. Next week is a mini holiday that couldn't have come at a better moment. Jin needs to get settled with Jungkook and this break will give them ample time to reacquaint. I, on the other hand, need to self-reflect if I want any chance of surviving this dance class from hell. Maybe I can invite Tae over for a few days to chill?

The beautiful sweater lays rumpled in my lap. I seemed to have crushed it while my thoughts swirled about. With quick hands, I repackage the gift. My heart is heavy as I hide the box away in my closet. If I don't see it then I won't be able to think about him. I need to focus on cleaning my mess of clothes and make sure I am ready for my exams this week anyway. As a last-ditch effort to calm my mind I fasten the paci clip to my shirt. I usually try not to rely on it, but with the week I've had said paci bobs away as I make my way about the dorm.