Little Expert

Yoongi POV

It was not the first time I found myself getting strange stares as I stand in the middle of Lotte Department store, I just so happened to be checking the time when I hear a young couple whisper as they pass by. Looking at me you would never guess my intentions for shopping today. My black ripped jeans hug my small legs and the sweatshirt rolled up shows the tattoos decorating my forearms not to mention the tattoo on my thigh exposed by said jeans which is what occupied the adolescents' opinions.

My legs carry me through the familiar route to Kitty Korner, the store for little things. I know I will be able to buy what Jin wanted for Jungkook. Diapers, formula, and some toys to tide him over until we figure out where Jungkook is going to stay until his mother is found. This is the store my friend Taehyung and I met each other a few years back, he works here and I text him to tell him I was shopping. Taehyung is the only one who knows about my 'little' secret, in fact, he's the one who has purchased and or made most of my wardrobe for little Yoongi.

Having been frequently to the store I know exactly where the stuffies and cute clothes are, but diapers and formula I am less sure of. I grab a shopping cart and browse the furniture meanwhile looking for an associate so that I buy what baby Jungkook needs. A younger girl sees me looking and must be surprised as to why someone dressed such as myself is looking at little blue bunny patterned blankets and pillows. "Uh sir, can I be of any service to you?" Her tight smile shows her questioning of my intentions as I obviously lack a child and the usual appearance of a parent.

Giving her a similar smile I retort, "My best friend has a six-month-old son and I wanted to buy him a few things since he's also a college student with limited funds. The mother..." I casually lean in as though I have a big secret, "...left with a foreigner. So to get the boys accustomed to their apartment I wanted to get the baby some new things." She gasps and I know I won this round. Sly Min Yoongi, 1, naive sale girl, 0. For being kinda slow on the uptake she sure does convince me to fill my cart pretty quickly. The little blue bunny pattern seems to come in just about every item imaginable and is needed in some shape or form for the young Jeon who has wormed himself into my heart and wallet in less than 24 hours. By the time I get to the register diapers, formula, bottles, clothes, a bunny the size of a toddler, blanket, pillows, and even a white and dove gray playpen get rung up. Jin gave me his credit card to buy the necessities and so I used it for those things, but the plush and playpen amongst other random buys I charged on my card because it was my idea to splurge. I couldn't help myself, the little Yoongi inside loved to buy these things and since he couldn't have them why not pamper a real baby.

Upon finishing checking out I find myself tackled into the embrace of a very enthusiastic Taehyung. "Hyung, I have missed you so much! You know, I was going to ambush your dorm tonight for some much-needed catching up. Follow me to the back I may have splurged again." I barely have time to return the hug let alone any sentiments as he pulls me through the baby haven in which he works, with purchases knocking into my legs it is an awkward procession. As we get to the employee lounge he looks around so not as to be caught and slips us through the door and to the row of cubby like lockers decorating the back of the spacious room. He unlocks his wacky stickered locker, pulls a cornflower blue papered package, and thrusts it into my hands. "Daddy bought these beautiful blue gems that would look so cute with your kitty eyes that I had to make you something. Don't be mad, I did go overboard, but I missed you and knew how long it had been since you ordered anything..." I can't help but flash my gummy smile as he rambles on with his boxy grin.

Interrupting I take the package from the younger boy, "Thank you Taehyunggie. I have been meaning to call you, but my semester has just started and Jin Hyung needs a lot of help right now. Hey, I have to drop these things off, but I'm free tonight. Come over and we can have dinner or something." My phone buzzes and I see Jin's number flash across the screen. Taehyung sees as well because he nods and we agree to meet up at seven.

Just as I finally make it past the displays and other customers' into the open mall Taehyung yells from the store entrance, "No peeking Hyung! Open it when I get there..." Giving the embarrassing boy a nod I start making my way to the exit so that I can call Seokjin to see what is going on with Jungkook. As I almost get out of the crowded shopping mall a kiosk catches the corner of my eye. I slow down to look and before I can retreat the elderly lady recognizes me and beckons me with a wave.

"Oh dear, I haven't seen you in a while. How's schooling?" I can't help but return the pleasantries and look as she shows me the new items on her cart. "I got some new compacts in and thought of you as soon as I got them. Here pick whichever one you want." I can't help but blink up in confusion but the older woman just winks and opens the box. Inside nestled must be about 6 cat shaped compacts, I grasp a pearlescent pink one with a winky face. She gives me a knowing smile and wraps it up safely. "Oh, I almost forgot that sparkly stuff you like so much is restocked go look," she whispers as another customer requires her attention. The older lady working at the kiosk stand knows about my peculiar habit of buying little things, Tae being the charmer he is introduced us and now she goes out of her way to be kind to me. At first, I was apprehensive until I learned she was his Aunt and knew about his lifestyle.

Not wanting to disobey her I head to the left side of the cart to see the holographic-like lipgloss overflowing the display. A girl who looks about 14 stands looking at them and I feel ashamed to be shopping for the same product as the preteen. However, another text buzzes in from Seokjin so I hurriedly side up next to her so that I can get the sunset pink one. Oddly, she and I reach for the same one colliding fingers. "Oh oppa, sorry I didn't see you..." the girl gasps as blush decorates her cheeks.

"Mun-hee didn't I teach you not to flirt with strangers." Before I even look at the intruder I recognize the annoyingly bright voice. Jung Hoseok, the boy who has made my life hell for the last two weeks. At the dancer's words, Mun-hee, the lipgloss girl, turns and so do I but a lot less energetic. "Hyung?" a surprised laugh passes heart-shaped lips as I fix my eyes on the redhead. "What are you doing buying lip gloss?" It's my turn to blush now.

"It is of no concern of yours, but I am buying a gift for my niece. Now that you have bothered me I will get what I need and be on my way." Giving a huff I turn and grab three tubes of the product in question. Before I can lose my cool or dignity I pass the lavender shade in my hand to Mun-hee, "This is the one you need, lavender will make your eyes pop." I wink and head to Aunty paying for my pickings. Without looking back I leave the mall and finally call Jin.