Surprise Surprise

"Jungkookie, hajima!" Trying to juggle a baby and luggage is one hardship that I never thought I would come across. Said baby is whining and pulling on my ear to get my attention. He's probably cranky because he missed his morning bottle in my rush to make it to the station on time. I'm sure Eomma booked Yoongi and I nice seats or else this first experience at traveling with Jungkook is going to be a real eye-opener. In my panic like state, I almost miss the ticket stand for pre-reserved seats. Luckily, there is not a line and I can waltz right up to the man behind the counter. "I have two tickets for Seoul to Gwacheon-si placed under the name Kim Seokjin." The ticket clerk types away on the computer and the tell-tale sign of printing can be heard. He slides my tickets through the little opening telling me to look for platform B and that my train will be twelve. I give a smile and take my tickets to begin the search for platform B.

The station is pretty crowded for an early Monday morning. I hope that I don't come across any trouble finding my seats. It sure is a waste of an extra ticket, but I'm sure Yoongi is having a pleasant time at Taehyung's house. Platform B appears after only a short while. I want to go ahead and board so that the bags can be put away and I have a free hand to get Jungkook something to eat. An older woman awaits at the door of the train ready to direct patrons to their seats. "Welcome, sir. May I see your ticket?" Shifting things around I am able to finally hand her the tickets. Giving me a wave to follow she directs us to the back of the train. There seems to be a booth like set up, a double seat with a small table across from another double seat. It makes the perfect place for Jungkook and me. I thank the woman and settle into the seat next to the window facing away from others on the train. Setting my small companion on the table with little legs swinging I begin to rummage through the diaper bag for his formula.

"Alright baby. I know you are hungry. Let's get you a bottle so no more fussing, sounds fair?" He can see the bottle and powder formula which causes excited babbles as I begin the mixing process. Well, tried to begin. "Ugh, I would lose my head if it weren't attached! We need some hot water don't we?" Remembering a cafe not too far from the ticket station I once again take my baby and peruse the station. I left our things in the overhead and grabbed my wallet thankful that I was able to at least unload some of the weight. The line at the cafe seems to have a few people ahead of me, luckily I still have a good thirty minutes until we have to be boarded. As we wait in line I see Jungkook looking around at all the different sites. There is one person left before us when Jungkook seems to go wild. His keeps stretching almost up out of my grasp and over my shoulder making 'pah' noises. The teen finishes his order and I step up to the counter meanwhile trying to wrangle Jungkook. "Is there any way I can have a cup of hot water? As you can see my little one needs to eat before we both get fussy." I get an unamused look from the younger man, but he obliges nonetheless. Free of charge because the manager thought the naughty child on my hip was cute, we begin the trek back to train twelve.

We are passing the ticket booth when the trying to get out of my grasp begins again. "What do you see boy? I am trying to get you your food!" I look around in an attempt to see just what is causing such a reaction. Not believing my eyes or that of my baby's, I recognize a tall profile at the booth seemingly upset. Just how did Jungkook notice him from the cafe? Now that I understand all the fuss I simply cannot ignore the strange coincidence. Taking a veer in my path I walk up to the disgruntled man. He doesn't sense my presence at first as the clerk tells him the news of his train being stalled. Jungkook takes care of that though when a small hand slips past my grip and smacks the other man's baby blue trench coat-clad bicep.

"Sorry..."

"Oh?" We both speak at the same time and I can tell it takes the student-professor a moment to process our familiar faces. Once it does his eyes widen just the slightest. I give a small smile and turn to the ticket clerk who looks confused at my appearance along with a baby who continues pulling on Namjoon. Putting his shock aside he too turns back to the booth. "Is there any other train for Goyang-si today? Or maybe when the train will be up and running?" The clicking of keys fill the air and a frown crosses the woman's face. She informs Namjoon that the route will have a train tomorrow at the earliest. His shoulders slump and he thanks the woman before leaving the line. Not knowing what to do I follow the unhappy man. Soon he turns to me with a barely-there smile, "Hyung, are you going to visit family?" I nod, but suddenly a thought comes to mind.