"Heir." ~ Tommy Shelby

"Congratulations, to the both of you." Tommy said, rising up from the table to give his brother a hug. Iris only looks at her sister in disbelief.

"You're pregnant?" She mouths across the table. Gracie beams and nods her head, letting the smile spread across her lips.

"Crazy isn't it?" She mouths back, placing a hand protective hand on her stomach. Tommy pulls away from his brother and squeezes his face lovingly.

"Mr Arthur Shelby. A father." Tommy pulls back and runs a hand through his hair in shock. Looking down he smiles at Gracie and leans down to gently kiss her cheek. "You'll be an amazing mum." Gracie smiles gracefully and looks up at her brother in law.

"Well I've had enough practice with this one." She says, flicking her head at her husband accusingly. Arthur scoffs but doesn't stop smiling.

"And two kids are better then none." Tommy sighs, dropping back into his own chair and downing the last of his drink. Iris feels her shoulders tense slightly as she lets her eyes dart to the man beside her. His expression hadn't changed but Iris knew him well enough to notice the small furrow between his brow, a big enough clue to realise what he meant.

Iris tightened her grip on her glass and lifted it to her lips in order to calm herself down.

Across the table Gracie blinked and frowned a little bit at Tommy's statement. Her eyes flicking over to her sister.

"Well, no. I mean," she begins, glancing a little at Arthur for help as he sits downs and slings an arm around her. But as usual he was completely oblivious to the happenings around him. Too absorbed in making sure his wife and child were happy and comfortable.

Iris rolled her eyes and waved her off. Dismissing her attempts to recover the conversation. Shutting her mouth she looked at Iris for confirmation, raising her eyebrows and leaning forward slightly. Iris gave the tiniest shake of her head and forced a smile. Allowing for her sister to relax and sit back, resting her hand on Arthur's knee.

There was a moments awkward silence in which Tommy frowned and Arthur looked confused. It was quickly broken by Tommy clearing his throat.

"Iris, why don't you help me choose some drinks for our guests?" He suggests, rising again and adjusting his waistcoat impatiently. Iris rolled her eyes and took another sip from her glass before rising herself and walking out of the dining room and towards the pantry. Ignoring Tommy's outstretched hand. Glancing in the mirror as she leaves, she notices Gracie twisting and leaning over to whisper in Arthur's ear. He frowns down at the table until Gracie leans back and a sudden look of realisation crosses over his face. They both watch her leave with sad eyes.

Iris waits in the pantry with her arms crossed. Tommy finally swaggers in, lighting a cigarette on his way in.

"Alright Iris, spit it out." He says, leaning against the doorway.

Snarling Iris strides forward and slaps the cigarette out of his hand. Tommy only sighs and raises his eyebrows at her.

"How dare you." She seethes, sticking her finger in his face. "How dare you embarrass me like that in front of our family." Tommy rolls his eyes and bats her hand away carelessly.

"Oh knock it off will you. Everyone already knows." He mutters turning his head away from her.

"But they didn't have to know, Tommy." Iris cries desperately. Taking a deep breath she reaches out and takes his hands in her own. "You know how sorry I am that I can't do this for us. That it's my fault we can't have a baby. But I don't understand why you won't think of adopt-"

"For fucks sake, Iris." Tommy yanks his hands away and starts pacing.

"But it's so simp-" She tries again, Tommy only snaps his fingers and points at her. Warning her not to carry on.