Chapter 2

I walked up the hill once again. When I reached the top I couldn't help but to admire the twilight colors in the sky. My eye scanned over the sky slowly making it's way down, then landed on what looked like a sail. I continue letting my eye drift down to see the entire object in the distance, and what I saw made me drop my bucket, it was a pirate ship. I turn back to the village my eye light contracting when I saw the village on fire, screams of realization and fear slowly making their way to me.

I ran down the hill as fast as I could, having one place in mind to go ‘I need to get to the orphanage quickly’ once I made it to the center of the town I saw people being cut down children, men, women, humans, and monsters alike no one was being spared. I ran around everyone until the orphanage came into view the children were huddled together with Toriel's body on the ground turning into dust.

One of the pirate's advanced towards the children raising his sword ready to strike the crying kids. I quickened my steps, just as he was about to strike down the child closest to him, I tackled him. The pirate and I fell on the ground, I quickly got up grabbed his sword, and stood defensively in front of the poor kids daring one of the pirates to make a move.

One decided to to test me and came running with his sword in front of him. I tightened my grip on the hilt of my sword, I deflected his attack, careful not to to let any of the others close to the kids. I slashed at the pirate, not bad enough to kill him but just to weaken him, when he knelt down I kicked him in his chest sending him back and to the ground.

I looked at the other pirates who had pissed off expressions “Geno look out!” I heard Frisk yell gaining my attention, I look at them then notice someone behind me. Before I could react I felt a sharp pain shot through my head and everything went black.

***

When I finally came to I was on something soft and I felt like I was swaying. I sat up feeling a sharp pain in my head, I wince holding my head, once the pain subsided I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a small room the walls were made of oak wood planks, there was a small stain glass window that let in a small bit of light just enough to let you see around the small room.

There was a chair and desk in front of the stain glass window that was toward the back of the room, on a slightly raised platform. Across the room from the desk was a wood door it had no window to look out of, but I assumed it was the way out.

I look down to see I'm on a bed, big enough for two people that was pushed against the wall. Across the room from me was a chest, above the chest were shelves with small nic nacs on them, a small armoire was next to the chest. I slipped out of bed my feet making a soft thud as they came in contact with the oak wood floor. I walked towards the armoire curious as to what's in it, once I reach it I opened the two doors revealing cloths hanging neatly from hangers ‘Nothing to bad, but where am I?’ I think to myself closing the doors.

I step up the raised platform and walk to the window, I unhook the latch, open the window, and look out only seeing water. Suddenly the door slammed open, startled I jump and turned around seeing a pirate that resembled the one I tackled, what felt like not to long ago but according to where the sun is it must have been a day ago.

The pirate was a skeleton, he wore a snarl showing his sharp teeth one being gold, one of his eyes was glowing red while the other was hollow. “Lets go, the captain wants to see you” he growls. Silently I walk toward the door only to be stopped “Are you going to put on your shoes?” he asks pointing at my shoes against the wall, I didn't even notice they were off, I grab 'em, slip them on, then we walk out.

I covered my eyes as they adjust to the change in brightness pausing my movements, earning me a shove forward, once my eyes adjusted I saw pirates lined up on two sides of the deck, they all looked different, different species, different heights, the only things they had in common were their clothes. They all had on tight fitted clothes made of cotton, there shirts were white, while there pants were brown, they wore leather shoes as well, some wore bandannas while others didn't.