Chapter 3

Reaper's POV.

“What is wrong with you!?” I scold.

“I didn't mean any harm!” Blue wailed as he sat on the floor of my room with his head down.

I tisked as I walk to my desk “Didn't I tell everyone to not be harsh on him if he became a member, to let him keep what ever he has while he's getting use to being a pirate?” I ask leaning on my desk. Blue nods vigorously. I slam my hands on the flat smooth dark oak wood causing a banging sound throughout the room “Then why do you think you're above my order!?”

“I didn't mean to. I was just looking at it at first, I swear!”

I sigh “In any case you did get something out of him, other than silence, so what have you learned?” I ask turning towards Blue.

“Well, obviously, he has a brother, he hates pirates now, and nobles, from what you've told me.” I nod signaling he did good “But why do you need this information?” he questions.

“A good ship is lead when a captain can trust his crew, and they in him. Only then will everything be able to run smoothly, but if even one crew member so much as questions my authority: things will slow down and that person will be able to turn my whole crew against me. I need to be sure he's not up to anything that will cause trouble. That said I need to keep a close eye on him, so I can't let him near the cells he knows the prisoners too well, they could plan something.”

“Then what are you going to do with him?” Blue asks.

“Isn't it obvious during the day he'll be with you, make sure he stays where I can see him, then at night he'll sleep in here, so I know if he decides to sneak off.”

“But-”

“Are you questioning me!?” I shout.

“No, it's just what if he tries to kill you while you're sleeping?” Blue squeaks.

“Then, that will be his first and only mistake. Here's a lesson you can't kill or escape Death, so even if he does try to run or kill me in the middle of the night I'll know and I'll bring him to his knees. He will be loyal one way, or another.” I say my voice laced with venom as I left my room an evil smirk on my lips.

“Captain” Red said as he saluted me.

“Any sign of the recruit?” I ask waving him to relax.

“Uh, no he's not on any of the main decks. Chances are he jumped off, or he's in the lower decks. What would you like me to do?” Red replies.

I look over my ship from the main deck. My crew was working hoping the hours will pass soon, so they can eat and go to bed. “Check with everyone, at least one would have noticed him jump off. I'll check the lower decks. He shouldn't be too hard to find” I order as I head for the stairs to the lower deck. When I reached them, I pause looking at the door at the bottom before proceeding. The boards let out agonizing screams under the weight of my boots.

I open the door my eyes adjusting to the dim hallway instantly. The sound of someone talking instantly gained my attention. I start walking the voice rose in volume as I got closer. I focus on what was said it sounded like Geno until another voice chimes in. They sounded happy yet sad at the same time.

I shake my head as I hear a bang followed by someone yelling “Listen here if you ever dare say that about him ever again I will not hesitate to kill you. Do you get that!?”

I decided this was as good a time to step in “Well what do we have here?” I ask slightly amused by the sight in front of me. Everyone looked shocked half were looking at me the others were looking at Geno, who was glaring at his former boss. “You can't even follow one simple instruction, can you” I say