chapter 6

Reaper's POV.

I watch Geno walk away from Blue with a smile. Curious I walk over to Blue "What was that about?"

"Oh, Geno and I started over. I think we're friends now, but we also had a serious conversation." he replies

"About?"

"Oh, right, well apparently Geno has a crush on someone on the ship. I wonder who the lucky lady is, obviously someone in the cell, but who?"

I felt my eyebrow twitch as I frowned 'Lady' I walk away and give orders to start docking. Everyone started tying things down while Red pulled us into the dock.

I pay the fee and everyone got off except those cleaning the ship. I notice Geno looking at some papers, so I walk up to him. "Do you know where you'll be staying?" I ask

Geno rolls up the paper and turns to me. "I need to talk to some people first. If everything goes good we'll be set, if not then we'll need to plan an escape" he says as he starts walking off.

"Hold on I'm coming with you" I say

Geno looks me up and down before taking off his jacket "Ok take off your jacket." I do as he says "Hold this" he says handing me his jacket as he takes mine, I take it watching him tie the sleeves around his neck like a cape. Then he took his jacket, putting it back on, so you couldn't see mine, then placed his scarf around his neck to his anything peaking out. "These people hate the rich, if they think you're such they'll jump you. Let's go" he says then starts walking.

"Are they the reason you don't like rich people?" I ask

"I have plenty of reasons to not like rich people, but no they have their own reasons."

I nod as we continue walking in silence as I tried thinking of something to talk about "So who exactly are these people?"

"The one we're going to talk to is the boss of-" Geno took a ragged breath "A gang"

"You're in a gang?" I ask surprised

"I didn't have much of a choice. I did things I'm not proud of, but I did what I had to" Geno says sadly

I look at the ground before looking up "Honestly didn't think an orphan caretaker would be in a gang"

"Well I joined a long time ago before the orphanage" Geno says

I nod deciding to change the subject "So what were you and Blue talking about?"

Geno flinched slightly "Nothing important" he said turning down an alley way

"Really-"

"Hush!"

I freeze surprised by the sudden command. It was silent as a shallow breeze went by causing the damp space to chill. I was confused until two monsters and a human jumped out of, seemingly, nowhere, cutting off all our exits.

"Hey Bat, give me that paper" a shaggy dog monster says

"Yes, sir" Bat, a bat monster, replies handing him a folded up paper

"Interesting, alright let's get 'em" as soon as the words left his mouth they all started towards us.

I watched Geno to see what he would do, but he didn't even flinch. As soon as the Bat guy was no more than a foot away Geno turned to him and punched him in the face. Then turned to the big Dog monster smirking, grabbed the Bat by his collar, turned to my right, and used him as a shield.

I was confused for half a second until something flew past me and hit Geno's "shield" impelling the monster in the stomach. Then, Geno approach the Dog monster. They started fighting trying to over power the other. It almost looked like they were dancing, every time Geno took a step back the Dog guy took a step forward with a swing of his fist, so Geno had to make sure he didn't get himself cornered while dodging.