Chapter 4

Reaper's POV.

I woke up at the crack of dawn, like I always do, to see Geno hugging me in his sleep. I cringe once more before silently rolling out of bed, once I was free I went to my desk and started looking at my map. 'We should reach land by day's end, if we work diligently, and have no set backs' I think as my eyes scan the paper, then I hear groaning.

I look up at Geno, his hand was gripping the bed. He had a pained expression on his face, and his only visible eye was glowing a dark blue that faded into a scarlet red. He started mumbling something as his breath quickened like he was crying. "No P-Papy" Geno mumbled his grip tightening. Then he shot up gasping for air as he looked around until his eye landed on me, it was still glowing slightly. "H-hey... What time is it?" he asks rubbing his eye.

"Dawn, are you OK? You look exhausted, how well did you sleep last night?" I ask standing from my seat, setting my charts down 'I'm a pretty light sleeper, and I don't remember him waking up last night, so he should have been asleep the whole time' I think.

"Uh, yeah, that depends on-"

"Stop stalling, how well did you sleep? If you didn't sleep well, then you should go back to sleep and catch up on it." I say walking up to Geno.

"I slept fine, just not a morning person" he said, though, I could tell he was lying

"Well work doesn't start for a while, if you want to go back to sleep for a little" I say, I like giving my crew a little past dawn before making them get up, honestly it's more for my sake, so I can enjoy the silence. "By the way who's Papy?" I ask thinking it a harmless question.

Geno shot out of bed and grabbed the collar of my shirt as his eye flared up again. "Where did you hear that name? Don't ever say his name like that ever you got it" Geno threatens.

"You said his name, you mumble in your sleep, I was just wondering who that was." I defend.

"That's the nickname I gave my brother, his name is Papyrus." Geno grumbles letting me go "Anyway I'm going on the main deck" he says grabbing his shoes and walking out the door.

I quickly grab my shoes and sit down to put them on 'Huh, his brothers name is Papyrus I'll have to be sure to remember that' I think then walk out my room. The sun was just barely touching the boat, the deck was damp with morning dew. A shallow breeze past by. Geno stood at the side of the boat looking over the rail I noticed he has a stern expression upon his face.

"It's going to storm" Geno says, without looking at me.

I look up at the sky, the clouds were white and fluffy. "I wouldn't be to sure this can change over time" I inform

Nothing else was said as we listened to the calm water splash on the side of the boat.

Suddenly a loud happy, energetic voice rings through the air "Geno!" Blue yells running up to Geno who looked like he wasn't paying attention. Then, blue wrapped his arms around Geno's waist.

Geno tensed up grabbed Blue's arm and pinned it behind him. Blue yelped in pain "Don't sneak up on me!" Geno snapped.

'Sneak, that was anything but sneaky' I think as Geno let's Blue go

"S-sorry I just wanted to make sure you were OK. I'm sorry for taking your scarf, I shouldn't have touched it without asking. I didn't mean to upset you, I hope we can be friends" Blue says rubbing his arm while Geno just looked at him. Geno looked Blue up and down before walking away without a word. "He might be the only new person I can't seem to even budge to get to be my friend. Usually I can get them to show they want to be friends, but it's like he doesn't want friends" Blue states in the worst description ever, but I knew what he was talking about. Blue makes friends easily with new recruits because they want someone to rely on.