Sickness and Secrets

Third Person's POV

"Ready?" A young brunette girl asked her mother as they stood in a forest.

The lady nodded and poured the purple dust into her hand.

"How does this work?" The lady asked her daughter.

"Just think about her and it should work." The young brunette explained.

The lady took a breathe and threw the dust into the air. It floated to the ground and created a big, brown door with a golden handle.

The lady opened the door and inside the doorway was a teenage girl with brown hair and brown eyes sitting on her bed. The lady was almost speechless at the sight of her eldest daughter and how beautiful she had become.

"Is that my sister, mom?" The young girl asked her mother, staring at her older sister.

"Yes, Jocelyn, that's Lindsey, your sister." The lady spoke breathlessly. "She's beautiful."

"Mom, let's not waste another second, we have to go see her." Jocelyn rushed her mother, ready to run through the door.

The lady, with the name Ashlyn, stopped her daughter and held her back. "We can't."

"Why not?" Jocelyn asked, glancing at her mother with confusion.

"She could be put in danger and I can't risk that." Ashlyn informed her daughter shaking her head. "We have to wait a little longer."

"Then why did you do this? Just to see what she looks like?" Jocelyn asked her mom, gesturing to Lindsey.

"I have my reasonings, Jocelyn." Ashlyn told her daughter who rolled her eyes.

"Like what? We don't know where the heck she is?" Jocelyn protested.

"We'll find out, sweetie. I can contact William to help." Ashlyn explained to her daughter.

"I thought you lost contact with him?" Jocelyn asked her mom.

"I did, but I was able to gain contact just recently. We are one stop closer to reuniting with our family."

——

Lindsey's POV

"So, when's your next visit, dad?" I asked my father. Daniel and I were video chatting with my father at the moment.

"I'm not sure, sweetie." My father sighed and I averted my eyes for a moment. "New recruits are coming in and we have to train them."

I haven't seen my father since we visited him in Italy which isn't that long ago, but I want him to come here so he can meet everyone.

"Linds, please don't be upset." My father pleaded. "I hate seeing my little superhero like this."

"I'm not upset. I just miss you." I shrugged.

"We both miss him, but he has a job to do and it's a very important one." Daniel rubbed my shoulders. "We have to be patient and wait."

I've waited way to long to be patient. I want my dad here.

"Hey, I'll see if I can get some time off and I'll inform you both if I can, okay?" My father asked us and we both nodded.

"Alright, dad, I love you." I told my dad and blew him a kiss.

"Love ya, dad." Daniel added.

"Love ya too, kiddos." My father told us before the call ended.

My body language seemed to catch my brother's attention and I heard him sigh.